Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gehl
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
arrrh

Monday night my daughter-in-law, son and myself played for the first time SeaRovers. I had purchased the game (the 19.95 version in which you put the game together)when I heard the long awaited Eagle pirate game walked the plank and is not going to be produce.

My family enjoys playing many games including: all the Settler games, Puerto Rico, Goa, Caylus, St Petersburg, El Grande, and many more. So I was a little apprehensive buying a "History" game, fearing it would have no or little depth. But I could not resist a "pirate" game arrrh. Well, I found that my fears were not grounded.

The game was a lot of fun. Ben, my son jumped to an early lead, seem to get all the cards and all the good dice rolls. He built his first ship and with in two turns had taken two of his objectives and returned to his haven and was half way to victory. Lori, Ben's wife, lost the battle at her first objective and lost her ship. I also lost my first battle, but retired prior to loosing my ship.

As the game progressed Lori finally took an objective and had her ship filled with pieces of eight. But Ben intercepted her and sank her ship and took her bootie.

Meanwill, I was raiding along the Carolina's and Florida and has two ships filled with enough pieces of eight to win if I could only return to my Haven and cash in. Ben saw this and rushed to his Haven and was the over all victor.

My family really enjoyed the game and we plan on playing it several times over the Thanksgiving Weekend. If you are looking for a good pirate game with lots of interaction between players but not as deep a game as Caylus I would recommend trying SeaRovers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Overbay
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great session report John. Could you please send me the pics again? My main hard drive crashed last week and I unfortunately lost them. I especially liked the one of the beautiful wooden cigar box with the SeaRovers logo on it you created. It really looked great. Thanks again!

—Vanderdecken

——————————————
"I WILL round this Cape even if I have to keep sailing until Doomsday!" — The Flying Dutchman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.