GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Crysis Analogue Edition: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any relevance to the PC games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So looking at the pictures here I wonder what does this game have to do with the Crysis "digital edition" games.

All I see is the player boards have options to change modes (maximum strength etc). That seems pretty thin to me. Just looks like it's super soldier vs super soldier. It was awhile ago but did that acutally ever happen in the games?

Will there be aliens, guerrillas etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kreutz
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We'll have more info on gameplay very soon that likely gives a clearer image of the game than I can do now by text only.
But without forestalling too much, the game very much follows the Crysis 2 and 3 multiplayer approach. There, you had the US Special Forces (which the main characters were part of), battling against the C.E.L.L. organization which took hold of New York after the alien invasion. Similar to the Koreans on Ling-Shan in Crysis 1, they have their own modded version of the Nanosuit.

We've experimented with asymmetric designs, too. But it turned out that people enjoyed the symmetric setup most in our tests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
argosy_ops wrote:
the game very much follows the Crysis 2 and 3 multiplayer approach.

There was multiplayer? I only ever played these games for the fantastic story mode single player. Looks like this game just isn't for me. Best of luck with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kreutz
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thank you!
There were indeed quite a few multiplayer modes and I have to say they were pretty neat (of course, played the awesome campaigns too) . Quite an interesting mix between fast and sneaky gameplay. The suit made quite a difference to other shooters and when you worked well as a team, you could collect enemy dogtags to unlock pretty powerful team bonuses such as orbital strikes. Which is one mechanic we've moved over to the board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds pretty cool. I will keep an eye out for this it and hopefully try it out. Who knows, I may end up buying a copy. Was just kinda hoping it would be something more like Gears of War: The Board Game rather than Frag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.