Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Oddly enough, Queen's Necklace is currently #2 on the "Hot Sellers" list at Funagain Games:

1 Loco!
2 Queen's Necklace
3 Wits & Wagers
4 Carcassonne: The Discovery
5 Rage
6 Ticket to Ride
7 Carcassonne
8 Railroad Tycoon: The Boardgame
9 Bohnanza
10 Max

Considering it's out of print this is quite curious. The list itself is a curious mix of big names and obscures. Maybe they popped it on there to clear out stock.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game, but didn't buy it from them. Just wish more people would play the online version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
    Oddly enough, Queen's Necklace is currently #2 on the "Hot Sellers" list at Funagain Games:

Considering it's out of print this is quite curious.

Probably not. I bet they have bought all the remaining stock for a sweet price. This is not unusual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's because you can buy it for $10 when you spend $25. Funagain has been blowing out both Queen's Necklace and Fist of Dragonstones like this for a long time now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pomeroy
United States
Chester Springs
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
It's because you can buy it for $10 when you spend $25. Funagain has been blowing out both Queen's Necklace and Fist of Dragonstones like this for a long time now.

Yep, I recently ordered a copy for my daughter for Christmas using this promotion - she's been after me to get one for her for some time now (watch where you leave those DOW catalogues lying around).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:

Ah I see! I was unaware of this sweet deal. In my opinion QN is quite under-rated.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:

This is exactly why I own it but have never played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonnyG wrote:
Just wish more people would play the online version.

The online version is really great. Very nicely done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I've likely played about 75 games at this point and I think it got better at around 25. The bidding strategies and endgame had subtle details that I really didn't fully grok until I had a good book of experience under me.

As for the underrating, I was expressing an opinion -- I apparently rate the game higher than other people. You are correct that, short of a math error, a game will be rated the way people rate it.

Question -- if you don't enjoy the game, why do you monitor its threads?

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
JonnyG wrote:
Just wish more people would play the online version.

The online version is really great. Very nicely done.

The online version is excellent. Second to none as far as beauty and ease-of-use are concerned. Eric at Days of Wonder comes out of the IT field. If BSW had game interfaces like Days of Wonder . . .

Agreed that there aren't enough people playing though. Most are from Germany and France, so you have to get on in the afternoon or very early evening to get up games.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
generalpf wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:
Question -- if you don't enjoy the game, why do you monitor its threads?

I never said I didn't enjoy it. And I don't monitor its threads, it was on the front page.

Wow! We made the front page! Keep typing boys we're famous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this has been covered, but it's most likely on the Top Sellers list due to it being out of print in English.

I don't mind Queen's Necklace. But if there's a game dripping with EuroFluff, it's QN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.