Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is listing the AH reprint as being updated for various errata (as expected), but they also mentioned a revision for the BOARD! Anybody have any details on this tidbit? Was it mentioned earlier and I just missed it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It could be...

Old:

New:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JGT
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While we're at it...FFG also says they're adding all the FAQ-errata into the new manual...AND reprinting the misprinted cards, and Jenny and Bob's character sheets!

I know SOMEONE out there is going to buy a new edition to replace their old edition. Could one of those someones check to see if those cards (Lantern, Healing Stone, Flesh Ward) and Jenny/Bob were indeed reprinted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new one looks to be more in keeping with the board-segment for Dunwich Horror..

Does this mean I'll have to replace my copy of AH so that it matches with the DH expansion??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javi Hernández
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the new board looks like the one in the Italian edition (the International version). It's the same with the Spanish edition (the one I know), they all have been printed together (in fact the Spanish edition was announced for six months ago but the Spanish publisher had to wait for the reprint of the US edition, since it would be the same print run).
It certainly fits in better with the Dunwich Horror expansion board... but the original one looked much better. Why did they have to change it when they made the Dunwich Horror expansion?angry

Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes.blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata was rolled in, the cards and character sheets were changed to reflect it, and the board was updated to improve its clarity and ease of use (such as lightening the board some, matching the card backs better, etc.) Oh, and our wonderful editor James added a comprehensive index to the revised rulebook (which I believe we'll be posting when we remember to do so after the holiday, but I'll have to check).

If you own the first printing you don't need the revised edition. If strange eldritch voices in your head are whispering that you must possess it regardless, well, I'm certainly not one to get between someone and the strange eldritch voices in their head.

Anyhow, Turkey day approaches, and I'm off to Tennessee to visit family. Those of you who are fixing to take similar trips enjoy yourselves and have a safe journey. The rest of you enjoy yourselves too, of course. It would be a sad world if we ONLY enjoyed ourselves during the holidays, after all.

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, if you own the first edition of Arkham like I do, then the new Dunwich board will be better separated from the town of Arkham.

I do not plan on buying the second edition of Arkham Horror because, like Kevin mentioned earlier, you do not need it. In fact, Dunwich will contain the new revised Investigator cards anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
KevinW wrote:
The errata was rolled in, the cards and character sheets were changed to reflect it, and the board was updated to improve its clarity and ease of use (such as lightening the board some, matching the card backs better, etc.) Oh, and our wonderful editor James added a comprehensive index to the revised rulebook (which I believe we'll be posting when we remember to do so after the holiday, but I'll have to check).

The German version will be available any day. Are all those changes you mentioned also contained there?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javi Hernández
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the board was updated to improve its clarity and ease of use (such as lightening the board some, matching the card backs better, etc.)

Well I don't know if those arguments convince me, but anyway, to be fair once you've got the board in front of you... it looks much better than in the images we've seen.

The board is amazingly huge! And immediatly you get used to the new sepiated version, it has also a 20's touch, less darker but with a feeling of neglect, like a ghost town.

I've submitted some pictures of the Spanish Board, I hope I was able to capture that feeling (I doubt it though). Waiting for them to be approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly I LOVED the ancient board color, the new one only tell me YUCK !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mill Master
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gulp New Board is not lovecraftian in ANY way. It does not reflect the dark and dingy world this game is meant to be played in. I hope I never lose or damage my copy of AH because I would never buy a copy with that new board in it. If people are so dumb that they need to kill the feel of the game for it to be "more clear" they should play a nice color coded game like Monopoly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
MillMaster wrote:
I hope I never lose or damage my copy of AH because I would never buy a copy with that new board in it.

That was my same thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI,
The dunwich horror expansion only contains revised cards for arkham horror no revised character sheets. I presume that this is because the character sheet revisions were so minimal. Ill Stick with the old board thank you. After a few plays {and believe me there will be many} you will get to know all the Arkham locations better than you probably want too........ And that board just drips atmosphere. Wont suprise me if the 1st edition becomes collectable. Im only a little annoyed that the rule book is revised but im told you can download the revised edition. Anyone know if you can?. Such a cool game if you let yourself get taken into the Strange little town of Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wester
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
*shrugs* I don't know, it's alright-looking. I prefer my original board, but if I had to replace it, I wouldn't feel like I was downgrading or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.