GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Penny Press» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 players newsboy's strike variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon Poli
msg tools
My wife and I really liked the newsboy in our recent first 4P game of Penny Press. I was thinking about a way to add it to the two players game in a way that also, IMO could bring a little something extra to the 2P experience.

Here is what I had in mind:

Play the 2 players variant with the usual rules but add the newsboy's strike token to the play using the following rules:

1) At the beginning of the game no one has the newsboy's token but both players start with 20 points.

2) Publish with the usual rules but :
- If no one has the newsboy's token take it after you are done scoring your front-page
- If you have the newsboy's token count the negative points on your front-page twice (e.g. if you should have -4 from two -1 and one -2 you get instead -8). Ignore the rule that state that you can't score negative points. Go back on the victory track if necessary (but no further than 0).
- If your opponent has the newsboy's token, he loses it and no one controls it again.

Sorry for posting before testing. I thought I would share my idea if anyone else wants to give it a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, did anybody try this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.