Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a hilinski board this morning. I've heard some folks hang them on their wall. Do you just use a regular picture hanger or what? How do you get them on the wall without damaging your board or your wall? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I believe this image will help you:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful. I just hope it isn't too heavy for a picture hanger in my drywall... it shouldn't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hm. I believe the title of that image implies that it should be hung on *two* screws, rather than just one.

And I hope you are planning on using screws-through-drywall-into-studs. I don't think drywall alone would stand a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats exactly what I'm worried about. The place I want to stick it, the studs are sort of low. I guess I'll have to wait until the board gets here to check it out, but I will probably have to find a different wall with studs that are located a little better, unless I want it hanging down behind the TV ever so slightly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I put three drywall anchors into my wall (So you don't have to worry about studs), in a triangle type of shape.

Into the drywall anchors, I screwed Elbow or L hooks, or something like that.

I put rubber tubing onto the hooks and I just set my board on the bottom two hooks.

the top hook, I rotate down. This keeps the top of the board from leaning out away from the wall.

A picture of it is here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
I believe this image will help you:

yes I have it with two screws one is in a stud the other I don't believe it is. It's 12 lbs so it should be alright. I believe the two screws are about 6 inches apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
I put three drywall anchors into my wall (So you don't have to worry about studs), in a triangle type of shape.

I put rubber tubing onto the hooks and I just set my board on the bottom two hooks.

the top hook, I rotate down. This keeps the top of the board from leaning out away from the wall.

A picture of it is here.

Nice board, but that's not exactly the picture we'd like to see... I'd be more interested in the described hanging contraption

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:

I did basically the same thing, except I used only two J-hooks. They stand out far enough from the wall that the upper edge of the board can lean back slightly against the wall, although if the board does lean forwards the hooks are deep enough that the board doesn't fall out. The hooks I bought were already vinyl coated; I got them at an ACE Hardware.

No problems. I like this solution because I didn't have to screw anything into the board itself, and I imagine it is easier to hang and retrieve than a picture frame hanger wire and nails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mallinson
United States
Winchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m eagerly awaiting my Mr. Crokinole Eagle Tournament board but want to plan ahead on how to hang it in our dining room. We have picture moulding and I’ve actually not attempted to hang anything in there yet. Is a crokinole board too heavy for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mallinson
United States
Winchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erikmallinson wrote:
I’m eagerly awaiting my Mr. Crokinole Eagle Tournament board but want to plan ahead on how to hang it in our dining room. We have picture moulding and I’ve actually not attempted to hang anything in there yet. Is a crokinole board too heavy for that?

I thought I would update in regard to my last comment. My wife and I ended up moving and I decided to hang my Crokinole board in the new place. The walls are basic drywall. I was very particular about using the hardware that came with my Mr. Crokinole Eagle Tournament board. I went out and bought a suitable wall anchor, a plate to cover the sizable hole I cut in the wall, and the special drill bit required of the screws supplied with the board.

Everything went well until we took it down to play. The hardware (100% supplied with the board) is taller than the feet. It wobbles on the hardware and ended up scratching my dining table. I just contacted them about it but I thought I would mention it here. I didn’t notice till now because it went from being face down on my table when I installed the hardware to being hung on my wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.