Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read somewhere that there would be a P500 bonus scenario included (Pydna 168 BC IIRC) but I didn't get any. Was this skipped or should I have gotten it?

Edit: Did I really write 168 AD there? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
I think I read somewhere that there would be a P500 bonus scenario included (Pydna 168 AD IIRC) but I didn't get any. Was this skipped or should I have gotten it?

I thought that GMT was going to put the P500 bonus scenarios (I thought there was more than one) up as PDFs on their website. I see a PDF for The Truceless War scenarios:

http://www.gmtgames.com/living_rules/CC%20Truceless%20War-2....

Were the P500 scenarios something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a CSW note that it looks like the P500 scenarios were left out by mistake but will be mailed out later.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@40.moPCcAqnvun.468@.1dcf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, there are three of them. Pretty interesting battles too.

You can find what they are by checking the thread that describes the battles-- the three 'bonus' are marked as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I didn't get the bonus scenarios either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get the bonus scenarios or the dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just frantically opened my expansion (like a kid on Christmas but about 4 weeks too early) and alas, no P500 scenarios for me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
P_J_Keller wrote:
I didn't get the bonus scenarios or the dice

The bonus scenarios were missed/forgotten and left out. They will be mailed to all pre-order buyers soon. (When the next GMT product ships in December probably)

Your copy of the expansion didn't come with dice? The expansion includes new dice that are "better" than the dice shipped with the original version. The new dice are still plastic but are made of one piece and are a little bit larger. The dice face labels now fit with room to spare.

Wooden dice are available from Valley Games but these wooden dice are a third party item and are not sold by GMT or included with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
No bonus and no dice ...

EDIT: Indeed I got the dice stickers , but no dice to stick them on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the dice were definitely supposed to be in the box and it appears that most people did get them.

So if you didn't, give them a holler and I'm sure they will make it right.

If you followed what was going on, they were assembling and shipping about 5 different games in the same two weeks, every one of which involves humans putting X different components into each box.

They have always been prompt to correct those kinds of mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice, but no scenarios. Not a problem, tho'. I'll wait till they show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
And the dice were definitely supposed to be in the box and it appears that most people did get them.

So if you didn't, give them a holler and I'm sure they will make it right.

If you followed what was going on, they were assembling and shipping about 5 different games in the same two weeks, every one of which involves humans putting X different components into each box.

They have always been prompt to correct those kinds of mistakes.

Definetely no dice although I did get the stickers for the dice.

I sent GMT an e-mail on Sunday but haven't heard back yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P_J_Keller wrote:
Definetely no dice although I did get the stickers for the dice.

I sent GMT an e-mail on Sunday but haven't heard back yet

I sent an email on thursday, no answer yet. I hope this means they are too busy sending them out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Email to GMT is very hit or miss. For whatever reason, GMT seems to have trouble keeping up with emailed questions and concerns. The forums over at ConsimWorld are filled with requests to check for emails sent to GMT but not replied to.

Much better to give GMT a call if you have a problem, question or concern. GMT's reputation for responding to customer phone calls is excellent while GMT's reputation for responding to email leaves something to be desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note that I have sent emails twice in the last week. I forgot about the P500 bonus scenarios, so other than that I received everything. My problem though, is that I received the Expansion Pack plus Twilight Struggle, when I should have received the Expansion Pack plus Europe Engulfed. My box was lablled correctly, but the contents were not right. So they must really have been having a grand time with their assembly and shipping. Thanks for the advice on putting in a phone call. They have always responded promptly to my emails before, but perhaps they are still going nuts with the assembly/shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't received my dice or any response to the e-mail sent on 11/22.shake

I sent another e-mail today but after reading comments in this thread I guess I will have to call GMT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Jones
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
Yes,

Email to GMT really is a complete waste of time and a source of frustration. Best to save yourself the hassle and give them a call as they usually sort things out quickly.

Perhaps if they had their business operations sorted out, didn't need to fix up so many mistakes, and could handle a lot more customer issues via email, they could afford to splash out and give us real dice in C&C:A. (oh, and a mounted board) kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT does much btter with phone calls. After nearly a week with no response to either of my e-mails I called them on Friday, Dec 8.

Dice were received Monday Dec 11th.

So, although they don't respond to e-mails the service received after my phone call was exemplary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
So has anyone gotten their P500 bonus scenario(s) yet?

Not sure if there is more than one scenario in the bonus pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a 2 panel folder, like the p500 bonus from the original game, with a cover, 2 scenarios on the "inside" and a 3rd scenario on the back.

They promised to start shipping them this week, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after 3 weeks without answer to my 2 e-mails, I've just called GMT and it's true, very good service on the phone: she told me that my dice will be sent today! And that I'll get the scenarios at the same time than all others. I had just asked to get the dice sent with the scenarios...

If they were as good by e-mail they would be the perfect company!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have to tell GMT that we're missing the scenarios or did they forget everybody and will send the scenarios to all P500'd customers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crusader4x wrote:
Do we have to tell GMT that we're missing the scenarios or did they forget everybody and will send the scenarios to all P500'd customers?

I didn't ask her explicitely, but it seems they said on CSW that they forgot to put the scenarios in all the boxes... So I assume that they are sending the scenarios to everyone, even if you don't ask for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.