Tajemnicze Domostwo» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A frights delight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Wisser
United States
flag msg tools
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
I really enjoyed this game. We played with the polish edition. You would not believe how much madness ensues! I'm not sure which difficulty we played, but it was a 6 player game with a ghost and five psychics. For each type of thing to solve, there were 9 choices.

Round one, I get a card that has a little box containing a ballerina and nutcracker, which led me to believe the ghost was pointing me to a girl who looked rather theatrical. I was right - in fact, I guessed each of mine without error. However, not everyone else was so lucky.

The problem with being the ghost is that you only have seven cards to choose from, and you are trying to get others to guess their specific card. However, one problem is that there may be a card it just fits better. For example, someone's location was this dark lab - the only things of note were these really colorful test tubes and a bright light coming from the hallway. The ghost played a card that fit it very well - colorful and with a light source. The only problem? It had painted flowers and paintbrushes, and one of the other locations had an easel with paintbrushes and flowers in the window. So even the best card in your hand will just sometimes point to something else.

The other problem going on is that the cards are sometimes so abstract and have so many minute details that you overlook the basic point the ghost is trying to convey. Over and over again, he tried to have us guess the ninja star by giving us pairs of cards, one with round objects and one with pointy objects. But continually we misinterpreted, going off in a completely different direction.

Sometimes pairs of cards are asking, what do these things have in common? Sometimes, they are each pointing out a separate aspect of a card. For example, one might tell you a main color scheme and another May feature a prominent item associated. And of course the cards do not cooperate with you so that these mannerisms are consistent. This is why I think, even though additional cards would probably be nice, they would not be necessary. I don't see where you would get a card to shorthand something else very often, you'd have to have it at the right time.

In this game you will find yourself jumping to conclusions, second guessing yourself, trying to convince others why their dream interpretation sucks and what it actually is, changing your mind again, all the while, the ghost is frustrated as he keeps a straight face while your guesses are discussed.

I do like how regardless of the team strategizing and put, you have final say with your cards. We did not have an alpha gamer problem, which is a plus for coops.

The components are awesome. It comes with crystal balls and beautiful dixit ish cards.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.