United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I organized a Pot Luck and I was asked to bring some games. I had given Cloud 9 as a gift to my coworker, but she's never played it. So I forced her, and a few others in the area to play the game. Becky, one of our Contract Managers, took to it immediately. Sara (the person who received Cloud 9 as a gift) loved it, as she was laughing the entire time. But the first game we couldn't play quite properly, since my Associate Director was playing with us.

The first game was Michelle (the A.D.), Becky, Damond, Sara, and I. Michelle decided to play a really conservative game, taking 6 and 9 pts where she can to steadily increase. Becky was behind, but made two beautiful presses for 15 pts, getting her up with Michelle. I never got off the ground, Sara went for big scores, but never used her wild card. Damond never jumped out and his score was low. Sara managed to eke out a solo flight at the end to get her to 51 pts. There was a lot of fun and silliness!

The second game Michelle left and was replaced by Marinell. We also picked up David. I know explained to them the jump off the balloon rule. When you do it, you have to wave goodbye to the rest of them and say, "Bye, F*ckers!" This added the truly fun element as you wave the others to their doom. Then you either get taunted when people get more points, or you get to ridicule the others who crash and burn.

Becky was really competitive and the cards split unevenly. Post mortem had me with a fistful of green and yellow, Becky with the Purple, Sara with the Green, and Marinell had a ton of Red. We crashed a lot, which meant Becky ridiculed us for most of the game as she calmly walked to a 58 pt victory. At the end of the game, she had to go back to work. She took a few steps, turned around, and said, "Bye, F*ckers!"

I adore this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I love about Cloud 9 is the making and breaking of allies throughout the game and the one-liners that can go with it. I don't think the "Bye F*ckers!" variant would go down so well with all of my gaming group... but sounds like great fun! Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.