Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ruprecht
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I realized that I'm not certain I'm playing the Faculty of Alchemy correctly. Can it remove pollution from under a goods marker? How about from under a fishery? I've thought the answer was "no" for goods, but I'm less sure about the fishery case. I'm not having any luck finding the answer in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to say that I am an authoritative figure to give you an official ruling, but I'm willing to wager that you cannot clean pollution from under a goods marker. Frankly, the only reason that pollution markers are placed under goods markers is to mitigate some of the fiddly marker movement (can you imaging having to place a pollution every time you pick up a good?) and speed up the game a bit. In short, that space is not polluted until after the good is harvested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rintoul
Switzerland
Nyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Clinton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rupes wrote:
I realized that I'm not certain I'm playing the Faculty of Alchemy correctly. Can it remove pollution from under a goods marker? How about from under a fishery? I've thought the answer was "no" for goods, but I'm less sure about the fishery case. I'm not having any luck finding the answer in the rules.

No on both

Jeroen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Sorrentino
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A further question on the Faculty of Alchemy. The rules state that when you man it, you have to choose a polluted hex within your zone of control and then you can remove the pollution from that hex and all the adjacent hexes. Can you choose as central hex a non polluted hex? And a water hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

As you quoted it yourself, the rule says you must choose a polluted hex in your zoc. It can be water hex.

I realise that, in my groups, we play that we can choose or unpollute a water hex even if the harbour is unoccupied or not built. That's certainly not legal!

Pyjam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unpollute is fine. The outside hexes in the ring of unpollution need not be in your ZOC so it is frequently the case that one unpollutes a water hex even without a harbor.

But as you noticd, the hub of the unpollution zone must be in your ZOC. If your harbor is unmanned, this cannot be in water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.