GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,246 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
131 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Paperback» Forums » General

Subject: From warehouse to my house rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Pickett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw on the site that the game is now through customs. How long can we expect for shipping to take? I'm getting constantly disappointed as I've been expecting a package on my doorstep for a while now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S
msg tools
I'm with you. I have to say that although Tim is very responsive to questions, I'm a little disappointed that there is zero direct communication about our orders. That message on the site really should've been a direct email to those who've ordered. How many people are going to check the website for an update, let alone happen to notice the one line update squeezed in the middle of everything? I realize that even Tim might not know a status but I wish things were a little more transparent. I'm anxious as hell to play this game and feel like we're in limbo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Sorry guys, I do reply to direct emails, but I don't like to spam everyone who ordered. The shipment finally got released from the NYC dock and I should know the delivery date to the warehouse later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tim. Would you mind updating this thread with the latest info as you get it? That way you're not spamming everyone who ordered but those of us who care can check here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric White
United States
Clarkston
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have had the impatience, but mostly that's due to my expectation of this awesome game. Tim has done a pretty good job of updating that little section on his website, as well as answering the emails that I have sent him. He's also been very attentive to this website when it comes to questions. I don't know much about shipping overseas, but I imagine it can be a very frustrating experience. I give props to Tim for being more communicative than other small production groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just waiting for my LGS to finally get it as I reserved a copy. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pickett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer When I initially preordered the game, I didn't realize "shipping in April" literally meant that it would be shipped across the ocean or that I wouldn't get the game in April. I would have still probably bought the game but tempered my expectations for when it would arrive. I fully plan to enjoy it when it gets here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Today I heard that there was a miscommunication that delayed a check going to the shipper, preventing the release from the dock. The check will be received tomorrow and should know more. Thanks for your patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Tim. We're really looking forward to this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cook
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Go Pack Go!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited about this too. Hopefully it will not be a long wait to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roberts
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Tim - what's the situation on orders being sent to Europe, ie, the UK where I am?

I don't mind waiting, just curious as to the time scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris lee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I just got word from the shipping company that it is scheduled to deliver at the warehouse tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hallin
msg tools
When can we expect to see it shipped to us if it's being shipped to the warehouse tomorrow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
They have to inventory the shipment early next week, but I expect most of the shipments will go out next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hallin
msg tools
Thanks for the prompt reply! I'm excited to get my hands on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K_Salz Cotton
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grooviemann1 wrote:
I'm with you. I have to say that although Tim is very responsive to questions, I'm a little disappointed that there is zero direct communication about our orders. That message on the site really should've been a direct email to those who've ordered. How many people are going to check the website for an update, let alone happen to notice the one line update squeezed in the middle of everything? I realize that even Tim might not know a status but I wish things were a little more transparent. I'm anxious as hell to play this game and feel like we're in limbo.

I keep checking the website about 2-3 times daily. As at least one of those checks is during US nighttime its a bit futile but I'm so impatient to get this game in my hands. The sleeves are purchased and waiting….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
They have arrived at the warehouse. I processed the addresses and will start going out as early as tomorrow, but may take up to a week to go out since there are so many pre-orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
They have arrived at the warehouse. I processed the addresses and will start going out as early as tomorrow, but may take up to a week to go out since there are so many pre-orders.

Ooh, here's hoping all goes smoothly! I'm bringing back a 12-pack from a trip to the US as a Canadian group buy, and we're all really hoping Paperback gets there in time before I have to return (May 21)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pickett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:

Who will deliver the package? Also what's the time frame usually from the time it leaves the warehouse to delivery? Thanks for keeping us updated sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sumit K
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was hoping to get an email the past 2 days but nothing yet. Hopefully I was one of the earlier pre order. Can't wait to bring this to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cross
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally speaking, I wouldn't have thought that a shipping update email on a game that I've bought and am waiting for is "spam" - but rather a really useful "customer service update".

It's taken me a couple of weeks of nagging doubt about when I should have had delivery to find the time (remember) to look (!) on the papberback site/BGG.

Glad it's finally cleared customs - any news on an ETA for the UK?? (Happy to get this answer as an email... !!)

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pghpresbyterian wrote:
Who will deliver the package? Also what's the time frame usually from the time it leaves the warehouse to delivery? Thanks for keeping us updated sir.

I'm not sure Ship Naked guarantees type of delivery used, and I assume Tim is still using them. Last time, a lot of people said it was shipped USPS Priority. Doesn't guarantee the same will happen this time, but we can hope.

Jase 69 wrote:
Glad it's finally cleared customs - any news on an ETA for the UK?? (Happy to get this answer as an email... !!)

Last time, people in the UK seemed to report receiving it a little over a week after those in the US, and that it arrived Royal Mail with no VAT due. I have no clue if this time will be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal Fulton

California
msg tools
Will we be getting tracking numbers via email when they go out? How will we know when our package has shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just received my shipment conformation email!

I'm sure you all will shortly receive one as well, if not already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.