GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,470 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Argent: The Consortium» Forums » General

Subject: Coloured Image for each mage apprentices? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Khan Na Yao
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about doing my first miniature paint with Argent. So I like to know the list of colours I'll have to buy.

Anyone knowing where I could find such a reference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty dangerous question to ask because you're going to get a ton of different answers. You'll need white and black, but beyond that there aren't any 'must have' colours.

For what it's worth just get a different colour for each of the mages' robes. If you're looking to practice highlighting just get what would count as a darker shade and mix in white to get the brighter hues. Beyond that you'll probably want a brown or two for things like boots or pants, and a flesh colour for skin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see the final product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Khan Na Yao
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

I thought there would be sketch with color of each mages before it come to production. I was wrong then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a2b2c517 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

I thought there would be sketch with color of each mages before it come to production. I was wrong then

The mold sketches were only done in black and white I believe. On the bright side, you can let your creative side run wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I slightly misunderstood the question. I'd just try painting and see what you come up with. A little suggestion though: try to keep something on each type of mage uniform across each type, like robes for the purple mages or the same shade of green for all of the Natural mages' hats. That way you'll have something that brings them together as a single type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Molina
United States
Salem
Virginia
flag msg tools
I was going to post this separately, but decided to put it here since you mentioned painting. I went ahead and painted all of the figures as well as gluing them to the bases. As you see, I did not paint the whole figure, but took advantage of the natural color of the plastic and just did the face, hair, some of the clothes, and items leaving the cloaks and bases the original color for ease or reference. Since I did it like this, I did not try to prime the figures before hand, just painted directly on the plastic to save time. With the figures being so small and detail hard to see, they are harder to paint then say ones from imperial assault. Plus you have to try and get six to look somewhat alike. I found the blue and purple mages to be the hardest with the gray ones the easiest since there was not much to paint. The faces were quite difficult to do.

They're not perfect, but I think good enough for tabletop play and you don't end up seeing them close anyway. I looked at the pencil drawings to get an idea of what they looked like and picked colors that I thought would go well with the original plastic color. I wanted to make sure each school had a different hair color so ended up going with silver/gray hair for the archmage and green hair for the blue mages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great, it really brings out the character of the different schools. Nice work!

I'll be interested to know how they stand up to repeated handling, since the plastic is quite shiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Molina
United States
Salem
Virginia
flag msg tools
scotherns wrote:
They look great, it really brings out the character of the different schools. Nice work!

I'll be interested to know how they stand up to repeated handling, since the plastic is quite shiny.

I sprayed them with Krylon matte finish after painting so I think they will be ok. Of course one could always just pick them up by the bases too and not touch the figure. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, I used mainly reaper paints with a bit of citadel here and there for the odder colors like the green hair. No dipping or washes; I think they are too small for that and it would have messed up the exposed plastic.

I am a bit surprised no one else had posted any painted pictures yet; maybe people think the figures are too small to bother with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are not painted because the game has not left my playing table since I first set it up :-)

I've certainly painted smaller things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.