Popular Tags: [View All]
John B.
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I taught this game to some first-timers the other day and one of them came up with an interesting idea. What if passenger tickets, when played, were handed to the owner of the route traveled rather than discarded? (i.e. if Yellow plays a ticket to ride a section held by Red, Yellow would pay his passenger ticket to Red for the privilege rather than discard it to the discard pile.)

I have yet to experiment with this house-rule/variant. Does anyone have thoughts on the idea? Has anyone tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you try it out, you may want to reduce the number of passenger cards in the deck. Since you will be essentially recycling the passenger cards amongst the players, I imagine each player will have a hefty total after awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Glennie
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
badge
How Wrin Bu Lai, Whai Wrin Bu Jwo!
mbmbmb
Hmmmmmmmm I thought of this too the first time I played my copy and mentioned it once the game was over.

The general agreement was that it would give one or two players a HUGE advantage.

Since there are only 10 tickets in the deck, all one has to do is wait and collect tickets. No one else gets to "ride" their routes. Once one is close enough to ending the game, use all the tickets at once and wham! game over.

Of course you still have to play so you get a bit ahead but it still was seen a huge advantage.

Having said that, I am still trying to find someone to play it with me that way just to see what will happen!

If anyone tries it, let us know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.