Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Noll
United States
Grafton
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it is. Though there is the potential for more players, i.e. Memoir '44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
It's the C&C system. It's a simple, 2 player wargame. Overlord rules exist/can be made to accomodate more, but in the end, there's still only 2 sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
The same reason Battle Cry!, Memoir '44, C&C:Ancients are? They were designed as 2 player games but Overlord expansions allow for more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The reason I ask is that the Memoir box says 2-8 and the Memoir entry says 2-8, but the BattleLore entry just says 2. We've had fine 6 player games with 1 copy of Memoir. Does BattleLore not support more than 2 out of the box?

I've of course not seen a BattleLore box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Not yet. There's no Overloard rules or senarios yet. They said their will be, but for now they're just working on getting the game out the door and such.

But since the back of the board is half of a huge board, it's not a real stretch to say rules for more then 2 players are definately coming down the pipe at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

We've had fine 6 player games with 1 copy of Memoir. Does BattleLore not support more than 2 out of the box?

Well, just use that same system for BattleLore then? I don't know if there are official Multiplayer-Rules in the Box, but I guess the Systems are similar enough to adapt the Memoir-Aproach. The Lore-System might be the only problem, but I'm sure there is an easy solution for that as well. Maybe one Player gets to control the whizard/cleric/merc/rogue/creature, or You alternate using Lore, or the Players of one side discuss where and when the Lorecards are played.

I've only played a two Player Game so far at Essen, and it was only with a One-Level Whizard. But I think the multiplayer-rules of Memoire are applicable.

Of course the Overlord-Adventures will be more Fun as Multi-Player-Games, but we'll have to wait some more for those!

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.