GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game – Wisdom and Warfare» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wisdom and Warfare FAQ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ward
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there - sure this question is asked a LOT but is there a Wisdom & Warfare FAQ/errata like there is for Fame & Fortune? I found the latter to be extremely useful and would love one for W&W.

Social Policies sorta confuse me - can you use them multiple times? Like Rationalism to learn 2 level 1 techs with 12 trade for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Policies are permanent but I'd take what they say literally. In the case of Rationalism, each turn you can obtain exactly ONE level-1 tech by spending 6 trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As kungfro mentions, you can only gain one level-1 tech by spending 6 trade, but the rules state that EACH ability on a card may be used ONCE per turn. So you could spend 6 to gain a level-1 tech and then spend 11 more to gain a level-2 tech.

The FAQ on FFG's website doesn't have anything about W&W, so I am guessing there isn't an official document, but there are plenty of questions here on the forums that have been answered already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
You can find some answers here :

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1024510/ww-ufaq/page/1

Or there for an overall Faq + UFaq :

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98422/civilization-summary...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ward
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you - it's strange that they wouldn't release a W&W FAQ - perhaps they don't care enough to now that they're done with the game?

Anyway - will make better use of this forum then.

AlphaSilvr wrote:
As kungfro mentions, you can only gain one level-1 tech by spending 6 trade, but the rules state that EACH ability on a card may be used ONCE per turn. So you could spend 6 to gain a level-1 tech and then spend 11 more to gain a level-2 tech.

The FAQ on FFG's website doesn't have anything about W&W, so I am guessing there isn't an official document, but there are plenty of questions here on the forums that have been answered already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.