GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Italy

Subject: From Marco Polo airport (Venice) to Padova? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I'm planning a surprise trip for my girlfriend who studied in Padova some 10+ years ago. I'm not familiar with the airport or Padova itself, so I've got some questions concerning the available public transportation there. Is it easy to get to Padova from the Marco Polo Airport? Should I take a train, or a bus, or...

Right now I think I'll book a flight that should land around 22h25, so that's rather late. Would that be too late for some trains and/or buses?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.veniceairport.it/trasporti/padova.html

They say that either there is a bus to Padova from the airport (http://www.fsbusitalia.it/), or you first go to Venice by bus (http://www.actv.it/) and then take a train to Padova (http://www.trenitalia.com/).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rocketman wrote:
Right now I think I'll book a flight that should land around 22h25, so that's rather late. Would that be too late for some trains and/or buses?

It could be too late indeed. Between baggage reclaim and stuff, you'll risk to be stranded at the Venice train station after the last train has departed (0.08, I see on the time table). You can always get a cab right from the airport to where you want, of course – be prepared to a steep fare though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rent a car! It's about 1h drive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
Rent a car! It's about 1h drive!
And then he keeps it for all the period he's there?
He lands at 22.25, he can take a taxi to the railway station and and if he's not there to take the last train at 00.08, he continue with the taxi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
The Rocketman wrote:

It could be too late indeed. Between baggage reclaim and stuff, you'll risk to be stranded at the Venice train station after the last train has departed (0.08, I see on the time table). You can always get a cab right from the airport to where you want, of course – be prepared to a steep fare though.

Thanks for all the feedback! I guess the cab-followed-by-train will be my best option, though it's a bit of a gamble apparantly whether I'll make it in time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rocketman wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback! I guess the cab-followed-by-train will be my best option, though it's a bit of a gamble apparantly whether I'll make it in time...

If you are flying Ryanair, consider that they usually land 20 minutes earlier than what they write: it is their strategy to claim that they are always on time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfenici wrote:
The Rocketman wrote:

If you are flying Ryanair, consider that they usually land 20 minutes earlier than what they write: it is their strategy to claim that they are always on time...

Cheaters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the feedback. Based on these reactions, I booked a flight earlier. I just don't want any hassle, so now I'll have plenty of time to get to the train station on time!

Thanks again fellow geeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rocketman wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback. Based on these reactions, I booked a flight earlier. I just don't want any hassle, so now I'll have plenty of time to get to the train station on time!

Thanks again fellow geeks!

Our pleasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.