GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,451 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Apex Theropod Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harvester of Sorrows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Gilbert
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello all, so a quick question on game play definition...

During a game, a friend played as the Gigantosaur species. The Harvester card was played, and its special ability is that if there is a Titan in the Game Trail, you can get a Carcass card from the Elimination pile. Now, I've seen a few questions about how a Carcass card would get there, (and this is the point of my question, and was asked during game play) but would a hunted Prey/Titan/Menace/Predator that was in your Hoard, and is now spent and face down, is that also considered a Carcass, since you hunted it? And if so, would the face down, spent hoard be part of the Eliminated cards?

So if I play a Harvester, and I had a 7 Evolve Titan in my spent Hoard, and there's also a Titan in the Game Trail, would I be able to get that Titan back from my spent Hoard to spend again?

This is very technical, and my friends and I are notorious for over thinking things. So, please... be gentle. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure whether this answer is much less ambiguous than the original issue. I think the simple answer is "carcass" means exactly that - not a card in the hoard or den. A titan carcass can get into eliminated pile in several ways, but it is not at all certain one will be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Eliminated cards is a very specific pile in the game. It is not one of the 4 piles in a player's play area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Derek. The Carcass cards are the cards explicitly labeled with the word Carcass that are included in your Starting Deck. The rulebook never uses the word carcass to refer to anything else, including consumed Prey and Titan cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmaginity2 wrote:
No, Derek. The Carcass cards are the cards explicitly labeled with the word Carcass that are included in your Starting Deck. The rulebook never uses the word carcass to refer to anything else, including consumed Prey and Titan cards.

But that is exactly what I said. A titan carcass is a card labelled "titan carcass" *not* a titan card that has ended up in your den or hoard after you earlier hunted it from the game trail. The OP was asking whether a titan card in your den could be considered for Harvester of Sorrows and the answer is no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I had interpreted your lower-case "titan carcass" as a reference to a regular Titan card that had been previously hunted instead of a true Titan Carcass card. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at this card with puzzlement myself, because it says you can get a Carcass from the Elimination Pile and "place it in your Hoard." I thought Carcasses were always in your Hand/Discard Pile/Elimination Pile, and only hunted game were in your Hoard.

Is this just a typo? Or does it let you save Carcasses in your Hoard like you can save hunted game, from round to round?

Edit: I am referring to the second edition Harvester card. I don't see "Sorrows" anywhere on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aras Chi
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Carcass in your Hoard can be saved and only spent once for evolve point, then it is moved to your den as like as other consumed prey/big-game/Titan/...

As I remember, an apex card in Therizinosaur deck does similar effect (put a carcass card from your Hand to your Hoard), so it will not take up place in hand size but still can be save and used for one last time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.