Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is early but I'd like to get the word out that right now, barring unforeseen happenstances, Z-Man Games is going to attend the Australian Game Expo in Albury, come June 9-10.

We will have a booth with all our games and should be running demos as well.

Now, while I do plan to bring my newest games, I have no idea how much to bring of any particular game as I don't know what to expect and I don't want to run up a huge shipping bill for nothing. So, I ask all of you who are attending (and I do hope a goodly number of you Australians, New Zealanders, and any else in the area show up), if you are looking to buy a particular game or games of mine to please email me with a list.

I am going to offer my usual convention pricing that can save you US$5-$10 or more off the retail on the big box games (and no shipping fees!). (Don't ask about the pricing now as I would need to figure out what price I will sell the game for and then have convert it to AUS dollars).

Also, it's way early, so you don't have to do it now: I figure after Jan 1 would be better.

We also plan to stop in NZ and perhaps visit a certain boardgame group in Auckland. (But even if we visit, I do hope we can convince some of you to come down and attend the show and help make it grow).

This is a big trip and a big deal for Z-Man: my distribution in Australia is horrible and I aim to make some changes - and already, Mind Games in Albury has ordered some games from me and in the next 2 weeks should have stock of nearly all my games. I hope this trend continues.

I'm sure I'll be revisiting this post after Jan 1, but I wanted to get the word out as I am excited about this trip. (Too excited: I shouldn't be posting this 11:30pm EST right before Thanksgiving - which I wish all of you a happy one.)

See you in a half a year.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news Zev! The last games expo here was a success and I suspect it will grow in 2007.

For some strange reason, a local FLGS here (Milsims) stocks your games but often ends up dumping them at large discounts...any idea why?

You must understand that Australia isn't as large a market as the US and there are a few distributors here. Mindgames Albury has a partnership with Allgames Distribution (Don Bone runs Allgames).

I'd be happy to send you distributor information if you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. I imagine all of the distributors will there be at the expo, so I'm sure you can sort out your distro woes.

As for MilSims, I think they're also a distro (as Jedko) so they might be getting rid of distro surplus via their retail arm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I was wavering about whether to attend, but I think this has sealed it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Zev-do you owe me a beer or do I owe you a beer-I can't remember-how about we buy each other a beer!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
Hi Zev,

From what I know, the trip from US to Aus is a really long one!!! Seems that many people break the journey either in Thailand, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore, and I know most airlines don't charge extra for it.

If you could break your journey in Kuala Lumpur, we'll be happy to host you (accommodation and all!), and we could even get the distributors down from Singapore to meet you. However, if it's going to cost you extra, then the market here is probably too small to make it worth your while.

Numbers wise in Asia, you might want to find your way to Korea. They would probably be the largest market by far.

Unfortunately, our major game convention (GAMECON-2) will be in February this year. However, we are doing a monthly publisher showcase, having just completed one last Sunday as the Essen game preview.

Let me know if you can break your journey and we'll organize something around your games!

Cheers
Edwin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool - we booked our accommodation before leaving last year.

Zman wrote:
So, I ask all of you who are attending (and I do hope a goodly number of you Australians, New Zealanders, and any else in the area show up), if you are looking to buy a particular game or games of mine to please email me with a list.

You should drop a list of games you are likely to bring in this thread to enable some window shopping meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff... the only problem is that it's so long to wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray!! This is outrageously wicked news!!!
Cant wait to see you here. I will also buy you a beer Woot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
macedwin wrote:
Hi Zev,

From what I know, the trip from US to Aus is a really long one!!! Seems that many people break the journey either in Thailand, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore, and I know most airlines don't charge extra for it.

If you could break your journey in Kuala Lumpur, we'll be happy to host you (accommodation and all!), and we could even get the distributors down from Singapore to meet you. However, if it's going to cost you extra, then the market here is probably too small to make it worth your while.

Numbers wise in Asia, you might want to find your way to Korea. They would probably be the largest market by far.

Unfortunately, our major game convention (GAMECON-2) will be in February this year. However, we are doing a monthly publisher showcase, having just completed one last Sunday as the Essen game preview.

Let me know if you can break your journey and we'll organize something around your games!

Cheers
Edwin

I totally second this idea, if you are able to make your way here to Asia. Z-Man games have a good reputation here in Singapore and your products have been well recieved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is beyond cool.

Thankyou for coming out for this excellent event. May you be the first of many.

I hope you're going to do some sightseeing while you're here, too Please let us know if we can help with any arrangements you need to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
That's great news Zev! The last games expo here was a success and I suspect it will grow in 2007.

For some strange reason, a local FLGS here (Milsims) stocks your games but often ends up dumping them at large discounts...any idea why?

You must understand that Australia isn't as large a market as the US and there are a few distributors here. Mindgames Albury has a partnership with Allgames Distribution (Don Bone runs Allgames).

I'd be happy to send you distributor information if you'd like.

Just a general heads up for everyone - Phil Davies of Mind Games Albury has ceased to have a business association with All Games Distribution. As you indentified in your post Shawn, All Games is in the very capable hands of Don Bone.
Just wanted to let everyone know.
Cheers, Sheralyn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
macedwin wrote:
Hi Zev,

****Hey, Edwin!

Most of the flights I saw were direct from LA (ok, some had 24 hour layovers in Guam!), but I sincerely appreciate the offer. Originally, when I was contemplating this trip, I had it in mind to do the whole Singapore/Malaysian tour as well, as I know I have distribution there. But then I thought that was too extravagant for me for the first trip and I need to concentrate on the main point of the trip - going to this expo.

If this expo trip is a success, you can rest assured I will expand the itinerary to include Singapore and Malaysia (and yes, perhaps, Korea). But let's see what happens here first.

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to answer several posts here:

Shawn_low: I do not sell to Milsims (I know of them and Jedko)so I have no idea where they are buying from nor why they are discounting my product - perhaps I'll ask them when I show up

Neil: I don't know who owes whom what but I'll buy you a beer anyway. As for me, I stick to Coke (or soda or pop -what do you call it down there?)

Fraser: You can assume I'll bring all my games - it will be just a matter of quantity - which will be hard to determine as I don't have any sales data to help me decide. But yeah, I could do a listing after the New Year, which will include new games on the horizon as well.

Melssa: Sightseeing. I'd love to, and am trying to work that out (it is also a matter of how long will I be away from the family, who are quite jealous of this trip as it is).

More to come.

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hanley
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Zev

It was great catching up with you in Chicago. As you can see, there are many Aussies that are keen to make your stay wonderful. I am sure there will be many softdrinks (our word for soda) drunk while you are here.

I am sure we will be talking more before you get here next year.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As the event is coming closer, I wanted to remind people to send me a list of any games they are interested in me bringing. I'm going to bring some quantity of each board and card game I make, but I want to make sure I bring enough of each game to cover the people at the show and to those retailers interested in picking up stuff.

Thanks,

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nnf1 wrote:
Hey Zev-do you owe me a beer or do I owe you a beer-I can't remember-how about we buy each other a beer!!

Take him to the Ettamogah pup - that is a must for driving along there...

Zev - be sure to get in a trip to some of the Victorian wineries - you won't be all that far.

Cheers!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
pmboos wrote:
nnf1 wrote:

Take him to the Ettamogah pup - that is a must for driving along there...

Zev - be sure to get in a trip to some of the Victorian wineries - you won't be all that far.

Cheers!
Paul

We're looking forward to seeing you (and your games!) at the Expo, Zev.

All the best for your travel over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
We're looking forward to seeing you (and your games!) at the Expo, Zev.

All the best for your travel over here.

***Thank you. I am looking forward to coming down as well.

I will also have some games there before the US so that will be cool.

See you all soon!

Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman wrote:
I will also have some games there before the US so that will be cool.

Oooh, naming names or do we have to work it out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.