GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: What to do with empty Alien Frontiers expansion boxes?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
okay.. so I built foam core inserts for 3 of my games (Alien Frontiers, March of the Ants, and Dead of Winter: Crossroads). But now I have the original inserts leftover that I don't know what to do with.. In particular, I have the Kickstarter version of Alien Frontiers Kickstarter, which came with tuck-boxes for all the player components, as well as the Alien Tech and Agenda Cards. I also have the hard box for the AF Factions expansion, plus all the individual faction pack softboxes.

I hate to throw them out, since they're in great condition, but at the same time, I don't really need them because all the pieces fit in the custom insert i made.

Are the boxes worth anything? Any suggestions on what to do with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small tote with unused inserts, in the case that I resell/trade a game.

If you don't ever plan to resell or trade, chuck it in the trash or put it up on BGG's bazaar, there are always people looking for inserts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I've pretty much gotten to the point where any expansion I include in the original game box the expansion box goes into the trash. It took awhile to get there but I have a lot more room now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you aren't an avid PnP gamer, throw them out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inserts are ideally there to help organize your game (realistically they are there to help the pieces not get jumbled on the trip to you). So if you have a better system, simply throw the old insert out. Easy as pie.

As for the boxes, either toss them or repurpose them. I've cut out the facing of a number of boxes and hung them on the wall of my game room. They work really well. I also use some boxes to hold gaming supplies. The Village Port expansion box currently houses my miniature paints and supplies when not in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.