GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,933 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Classic] Few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Trenton
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey all,
I've played 2 Classic games(not full games sadly, as it takes 2-3 hours to get through 1 tile ) and I had some nagging questions after these. These are just the ones I can remember.

I'm glad everyone in this community has been on top of answering questions and i appreciate it in advance!:

1. The Mistmourn shaman (http://superdungeonexplore.wikia.com/wiki/Mistmourn_Shaman)

His second ability: Spirit burn says "target hero gains backlash and fire"

How long does the hero gain Backlash until?

1a/2. I'm really unclear how potions are supposed to work(thematically and rules wise). Mistmourn shaman has the regenerate potion ability, but it costs TWO potions. The Thundervale Huntress only has a maximum of 1 potion can be carried.

My understanding is that the model using the potion has to remove potion markers = to the ability they are using. In this case the Thundervale huntress can never use the regenerate ability of the mistmourn shaman? that doesn't seem right...

3. In terms of movement, what can block a model's movement? Line of sight was clearly described that nothing except walls/blocking objects block line of sight. What about large based models movement? like the example below(this might not come across ok or what I'm intending):

[][X][X][L][L]
[][B][B][L][L]
[][B][B][X][X]

L: large creature
X: Blocking terrain
B: Can the Large creature squeeze through to move there?

4. What the heck is the point to explore cards? Why would a hero ever want to take the explore action, when it just causes more trouble for them(traps, creeps, etc) AND at the cost of 2 action points. I know one gets drawn the first time a hero steps onto a new tile. But they just seem to be cumbersome/non-beneficial and/or makes the game more complex when it is already...

5. I was using, what i think were, rage tokens to signify if the hero had gone in the round yet or not. What does everyone else use or do?

I think that's all for now, i'm sure more will pop into my head as I play more. Tis a really fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Potions stay active until the next upkeep of the hero that drank it (the beginning of its activation).
When you drink a potion, you get the effect of the hero holding the potion. So, if the thundervale huntress were to drink the shaman's potion, she would use his potion tokens and get his potion effects.

As for the tokens to remember who has acted, I use the crystal ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Lamosa
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! i have just finished my first game (an 3 heroes arcade game against myself) but i played years ago with the original SDE, and have read the new rules many times, so these are my answers:

1-Im pretty sure the backslas and fire are removed in the unkeep of the afected hero, better use it with a hero who is going to get some beating

2-if you want to use the shaman´s potion, you remove the shaman´s potion.
So, if huntress want to use regenerate potion, you remove 2 potion tokens from the shaman. by the way, when you succesful attack and got potions with the dices, you can give them to whatever hero you want.

3-The large model cant move, try to move him one space at a time, without ocuping blocking terrain, he cant!

4-some explore card are not too bad, but i think its better to do nothing than to explore, at least with the actual explore deck.

5-rage tokens are for rage! its used in arcade mode I use the crystal tokens, they are made in many colors, and i think are otherwise useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yog Sothoth
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Hope you don't mind me posting a question here too. Tried to look up the answer on Google but got some strange answers to "Creeps in my pants" that were not related to Super Dungeon Explore! whistle

So, the situation was that new tile entered (in Classic mode), explore card pulled and 6 squirrels appeared. 3 squirrels entered the Paladins pants and 3 died. How do you now get rid off the squirrels that have already entered the pants? (I can't wait to see how Google puts this in their search results!)

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Invaders can only be targeted by the hero who in currently invaded. And no area attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.