GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Coup: Reformation» Forums » General

Subject: Are we people with medieval version screwed over with Reformation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a way to get the La Mame version of Reformation?

Now with Guatemala -> G54whatever it seems that Coup 1.0 is a thing from the past and while the futuristic edition is widely available it seems those of us with the original edition of Coup never had a chance at getting Reformation.

Did it ever reach a shop outside Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
La Mame's versions have always been printed in small quantities and difficult to come by. Rikki sells them at Essen in person and then donates the remainder to The Game Loft.

You're lucky to have the base game, and unlikely to get the matching expansion. In fact, I strongly suspect you could find someone who'd be willing to trade with you for the IB&C version if you really wanted to.

FWIW, all the expansion adds are a few double-sided cards and a mat to place money. You could easily use the Resistance version, or even proxy your own version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There were only 400 copies printed. Or something like that. I probably have the numbers wrong, but 300 went to Essen and the remaining 100 were sent to a small game store in Maine where all sales went to support a charity they run (The Game Loft). It was always difficult to obtain.

The same basic story for CG54 and Melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
La Mame's versions have always been printed in small quantities and difficult to come by. Rikki sells them at Essen in person and then donates the remainder to The Game Loft.

You're lucky to have the base game, and unlikely to get the matching expansion. In fact, I strongly suspect you could find someone who'd be willing to trade with you for the IB&C version if you really wanted to.

FWIW, all the expansion adds are a few double-sided cards and a mat to place money. You could easily use the Resistance version, or even proxy your own version.

And Inquisitors, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. The medieval, or city state, edition of reformation does not include the inquisitor. That came with IBC's resistance themed version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karlfast wrote:
Yes. The medieval, or city state, edition of reformation does not include the inquisitor. That came with IBC's resistance themed version.

...I didn't realize there was a city-state version of Reformation. I thought we were talking about the IBC one. I'm dumb. Carry on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adverb
United States
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunBox Jogos!
Someone talk to me about the Brazilian FunBox Jogos edition. Has anyone stateside purchased and received Reformation cards for that edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
karlfast wrote:

...I didn't realize there was a city-state version of Reformation. I thought we were talking about the IBC one. I'm dumb. Carry on...

The City State edition is also the first edition with the medieval artwork. The version most people have played is the IBC one with the resistance theme. That's especially true for Reformation since the City State printing was so small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
regarding the funbox edition... the first print is out of stock (the new print will be with reformation in the box...)

however is possible that they have only the expansion ...

you could try http://funboxjogos.com/loja/jogos/exp-coup-a-reforma

since fun box is also medieval, would work fine with La Mamme version.

or you could try geekmail Luis:

Luis Francisco
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.