Jayson Myers
United States
flag msg tools
Please check out my other reviews at:

This was a disappointment to me as I really wanted more/different missions. Having more characters and move minis is great, but this game really needs more missions. You get three characters that are painted minis and they look fantastic.

This comes in a very small box. It is portable and fits in the original box very easily. This isn't a must have expansion. It does add a fifth player, but I can't imagine people clamoring for that. I'm sort of shocked this expansion came out like this. It just seems so obvious that more missions were needed and we still have not got these missions. Huge let down.

Yet, what you get it nice. It isn't what you want, but it is good. I like the extra characters, but you are still going through the same single mission every time you play.

I like the components in this game. They are hero clix version of the three characters. I love the Sulu is presented with his sword (ala the television series). The details on their faces are not great, but I am so happy they are painted and they look great in my eyes.

Rule Book:

The rule book is a sheet of paper folded up. There are not any additional rules, but it does include the powers for the new characters. It can be read in about one minute.

Flow of the Game:

This is just 3 new characters:

1. Montgomery Scott - He can beam up or down other characters. He cannot beam himself up if he beams another player.

2. Lt. Hikaru Sulu - He can use the skills of other officers and crew in his location. He has the ability to use this copied skill for the remainder of his turn.

3. Ensign Pavel Chekov - He can transfer a Discovery token to any other person anywhere on the board.

Should I buy this game?:

This expansion is only for fans of the original game and for people who really want to play this game with 5 players. I don't believe this expansion will change anyone's opinion of the game or make them like or enjoy the base game any more than they already did.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.