GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,702 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Senator Shuttle (CSS-1) and Cargo Containers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Vega
msg tools
Was told by someone from the FFG forums to post this on here as I'm sure others would be interested.

I recently had my CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle printed by Shapeways. I wanted one made that was larger than the token and about 80% the scale of the real one. Full size would have been too large and I think at this scale it is a good compromise between size vs. print cost.

Super thank you to Mel (Melminiatures) for hollowing out my first version to make it cheaper to print!

Solid version

Hollow version

I have successfully printed the solid version (White, Strong Flexible & Polished):

The hollow version is exactly the same, except it has a small material exit hole on the bottom. Hollow version is much cheaper.

This week I also put together some Cargo Containers:

Single

Triple Pack

I had the triple pack printed, but it has not arrived yet (had delays do to sprue size and such).

I plan on putting together other "tokens" into 3D models, such as some of the other cargo containers, probes, and the like.

Feedback is always welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin darra
Wales
LINCOLN
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
these are great - I want some, and probably some of the other (as yet not designed) ones too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.