GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Lord of the Rings» Forums » Rules

Subject: Joker and Symbol - do you have a choice which to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have both the required symbol and a Joker Hobbit card, can you choose which one to use or must the correct symbol be played if you have it?

I know you can choose not to discard a card and take the consequences but wondered whether there was a priority order for playing the Hobbit cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
I don't believe there is any order of priority - you are free to choose whichever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent and thanks for the quick reply. Introducing 3 new players to the game tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
Introducing 3 new players to the game tonight.

Get Chris Lawson's Expanded (detailed) Rules if you haven't already. It's invaluable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're always free to use a joker in lieu of any other symbol; there's nothing in the rules that suggests you must play the actual symbol if you have it. But it's usually better to do so, and save the jokers for when you need them.

And I second the recommendation for Chris Lawson's expanded rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhinoceros wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
Introducing 3 new players to the game tonight.

Get Chris Lawson's Expanded (detailed) Rules if you haven't already. It's invaluable.

Already had this guide as I got the game and all it's expansions when it originally came out. Just a bit rusty as I haven't pleayed for a while. Hopefully the group will progress on to using the expansions but we'll start with the base game and 4 Hobbit players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.