Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Jenkins
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My feelings for Ticket to Ride can best be summed up in a song, courtesy of the great John Joseph Hall, member of the soft rock band Orleans:

We've been together since way back when
Sometimes I never want to see you again
But I want you to know, after all these years
You're still the one I want whisperin' in my ear

Does anyone else cringe when your non-gamer friends/family ask you to play TtR? And then begrudgingly walk into your closet, filled with over 100 luscious gaming options, only to pull the game off the shelf you have played 28(as of 11/23) times? Well I do. In fact, it happened to me as recently as last night. But strangely enough, when the game hit the table and I got into my "draw 2 tickets/claim a route" groove, John Hall came to me.

And you know what he said? We're still having fun, and you're still the one.

Thanks John. I couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I had fun to the tune of a 119 to 96 point victory over my nearest competitor.

Final score:
Matt: 119
B: 96
R:85
Brother: 81
Brother's GF: 70

A big shout out to Alan Moon. You sir, as well as your game, are "still the one."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "We're still having fun, and you're still the one." ~Orl
Yup, I have to admit this is me too. The game seems so basic when I think about it, but when I break it open with friends we all have a good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.