GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,838 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
316 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion Expansion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Duplicate Tournament - OPEN ROOM 1 : jebry vs saintricardo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second game in the Duplicate Tournament.

All other players in this tournament SHALL NOT read this thread until your own game ends.

Henry Grumet (GeneHeist)
ed monk (eddd)
Pawel Bulacz (pabula)
Magnesi (syzygia)
Andrew Radecki (arad13)
Dennis Schwarz (Neva Kee)

If the above players entered this thread by mistake, please close it now.

==================================================================

This game is between:

Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as

and

Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
as

You are not allowed to read other game threads in this tournament before this game ends.

This game runs like a regular PBF in somewhat stricter manners (because it's a 2-P PvP). I'm not going to copy every details but common sense applies e.g. orders with banner, explicit EoT, no reverting after new info or EoT, and etc.

EXCEPTION: the players NEVER roll anything. I will tell you what monster you will encounter in e.g. a maze; I will tell you the rolling results of used Source dice, etc - these rolls are still done randomly in the closed-room game but I will apply the same results for the open-room games. Dice rolling might be tricky but I'll try to manage this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario
Volkare's Endless Maze, with the following (and no other) variants:
- Volkare’s Camp in Place of a City (but this "city" is friendly according to the scenario setting; make sure you have read through this variant rule to know all your options on this tile);
- Random Tiles Orientation;
- PvP is ON (prepare for some wild confrontations);
- Auctioning the Heroes (done in HQ thread).

To recap some highlights of the scenario:
* 5 Rounds;
* 7 green tiles, 3 non-city core tiles (except *1* and *3*) and Volkare's Camp (at bottom) will be used;
* Volkare's Camp is friendly (you have conquered it before this scenario - this is a sequel to Volkare scenarios);
* A secret maze is generated for each killed rampaging orc; you move onto it immediately after you kill an orc as a free movement after your combat phase;
* Similar goes for each killed rampaging draconum, except that a secret labyrinth is generated instead.
* Mazes and labyrinths are main targets of this scenario. Scoring is similar to Dungeon Lords but details are a little different than the common interpretation of the ambiguous wording of the latter.

For more details see Volkare's Endless Maze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

After General Volkare's army is eliminated from Atlantis, the land has never been so ... haunted by rampaging orcs and draconum...

The Council of Void sends several teams of mage knights to clear the (hopefully) last trouble on this land. The mission is considered easy-peasy, no wonder everyone has his own petty niggling...

First to pick a Tactic:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one question about the secret mazes and labyrinths; when we immediately move to that space, do we also need to choose our level and attack or does that happen the next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jebry wrote:
I have one question about the secret mazes and labyrinths; when we immediately move to that space, do we also need to choose our level and attack or does that happen the next turn?

Your action (fighting the rampaging enemy), which is limited to once per turn, is over. No more maze exploration, no any actions, nor any other movements are allowed. You may only play special and healing effects at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prograft wrote:
jebry wrote:

Your action (fighting the rampaging enemy), which is limited to once per turn, is over. No more maze exploration, no any actions, nor any other movements are allowed. You may only play special and healing effects at this point.

That was what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I will pick tactic

2. Rethink

I will discard

Crystallize
Promise

Draw 2 cards

Up Next:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Arythea with choose Early Bird.

Arythea is so pumped up by the recent defeat of Volkare that she rushes past the blue knight. When she gets out the the sunlight she sees some orcs past the forest and thinks, this is going to be fun!

Card Play

Play Swiftness for Move 2
Move NW.
Play Mana Pull with the gold die. Set the black die to blue and the green die to red. Gain one blue and one red mana token.
Provoke the orcs!
Play Determination with the blue token for block 5.
Play Battle Versatility with the red token for fire attack 3.
Dead orcs!

End of Turn

+1 Reputation? I forget if we get this in this scenario.
+4 Fame (level up!)
Place the maze NW (in the hills) of the orcs and move there.
I will wait to see my skill draws before choosing an AA.

Next up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Source:

Skill choices for Arythea: Healing Ritual and Power of Pain.

AA Offer:
(A) Shield Bash
(A) Peaceful Moment
(A) Swift Bolt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Skill choices for Arythea: Healing Ritual and Power of Pain.

AA Offer:
(A) Shield Bash
(A) Peaceful Moment
(A) Swift Bolt

Arythea takes Healing Ritual and Swift Bolt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not sure if you know or not Ryan but I drew 2 cards.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(A) Heroic Tale enters AA offer, which is now:

(A) Heroic Tale
(A) Shield Bash
(A) Peaceful Moment

Next up:

edit: add formatting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tovak

I would like to play Tranquility to draw a card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Play Tranquility to draw 1 card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I will play march, stamina, and rage(sideways) for 5 move and move NE, NE to the hills by the mage tower and reveal the mage tower.

End turn,

Draw 3 cards

Up Next

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Tovak's last turn move is INVALID. He played a card that he doesn't have in hand.

Please double check and re-do your turn after playing Tranquility.

To redo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My bad,

Replace stamina with swiftness

I will play march, swiftness, and rage sideways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Edit: Correct location of Arythea and the secret maze she found.

Next up:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I will play march, swiftness, and rage(sideways) for 5 move and move NE, NE to the hills by the mage tower and reveal the mage tower.

End turn,

Draw 3 cards

Up Next

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, I have a quick question:

Do I have to take on the maze right now? The rules say that I am to treat it like any other maze which I only attack if I want to. But the initial comment says:

"But they look smarter than before: once we locate one group of them, they always flee fast. When we catch and kill them at last, we always find ourselves trapped in a maze (or even worse). Fight our way out and clear the root of these evil dwellers!"

Fighting our way out indicates we are trapped in the maze until we defeat the monster there.

Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else, I am probably just hung up on the wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jebry wrote:

Do I have to take on the maze right now? The rules say that I am to treat it like any other maze which I only attack if I want to. But the initial comment says:

"But they look smarter than before: once we locate one group of them, they always flee fast. When we catch and kill them at last, we always find ourselves trapped in a maze (or even worse). Fight our way out and clear the root of these evil dwellers!"

Fighting our way out indicates we are trapped in the maze until we defeat the monster there.

Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else, I am probably just hung up on the wording.

Your quotation was Italic in my original post, which meant to be entertaining but not rule description. Sorry for the confusion.

It's just like a normal maze or any exploration site that you are free to enter or ignore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prograft wrote:
jebry wrote:

Your quotation was Italic in my original post, which meant to be entertaining but not rule description. Sorry for the confusion.

It's just like a normal maze or any exploration site that you are free to enter or ignore.

Thanks for the clarification! I will post my move shortly.

Also, I put the maze in the hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jebry wrote:

Also, I put the maze in the hills.

Sorry, I'll correct it in the next update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Arythea chased the orcs. When they were dead she looked around and saw she was in what looked like the beginning of a labyrinth. She heard sounds coming from deeper in the maze, but she didn't recognize the sounds! Always sensitive to the mana surrounding her, Arythea could tell that it didn't feel right! Though she wanted desperately to find the source of the noises, she remembered the village she saw close by and thought she might be able to find help there. After all there is more then one way to convince them to help! She quickly walked to the village and found a couple of groups that needed a good leader. Arythea liked the feel of the karma around the healers and she promised them knowledge and riches for their help. The villagers tried talk the healers into staying, but her anger turned the tide! For their insolence she would have to 'convince' them to provide some help of their own!

Card Play

Play Swiftness for Move 2
Move W into the village.
Play Promise for 2 Influence.
Play Rage sideways for 1 Influence.
Recruit the Herbalists.

End of Turn

Draw 3 cards.
Pillage the village.
-1 rep. +2 cards.

Next up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I will play stamina for 2 move and move East to the ruins

Play Concentration for a Blue mana
Play Mana Draw and use 2 blue mana from the source

Complete the ruins for 7 fame

End Turn

Level Up
Draw 2 skills

Up Next

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.