Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Jenkins
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother, brother's gf, cousin, cousin's gf, and I all sat down to a few games last night. Niagara hit the table halfway through the evening.

Its been a while since I've played this one, and I was happy to see it on the table again. Three of my four playing partners were not really "gamers", and Niagara lends itself well to that type of crowd. The plastic "gems", wooden boats, and moving river are always a crowd pleaser, and last night was no exception. Amazingly, despite the non-gamer nature of the group, everyone had previously played this title with me at one point or another. After two or three minutes of rules explanation/refreshing, we started up.

Everyone tried different strategies. My brother's girlfriend went for 4 purple gems from the start. She got to within one of winning, but in doing so, made herself a huge target. Her fourth purple gem was stolen, then it was stolen again from the thief, and then stolen again from the second thief. By the time the round was over, that purple gem was like the village bicycle...everyone had had a ride. Poor gem.

In the end, my cousin's girlfriend ended up winning with 4 white gems. I was one pink gem away from having one of each. My brother was one brown gem away from one one of each. And my brother's girlfriend was still one purple away from 4 of a kind. As per the usual, Niagara played out quickly and enjoyably to the end, finishing with multiple players within one or two turns of victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.