GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Jam Zhou
Canada
flag msg tools
So when a card says "when blocking" what is that referring to?

If I am the active player and play Beast Mutate #666 "When beast blocks draw one die and place it in your prep area" and I place my die into the attack zone while the other player places a blocker what does beast do? Does his card abilities take effect because in the attack step dice both attack and block.

In general does "when blocking" refer to the player who is not the active player?

Some cards say "end of turn" - when does this refer to? If I am the activate player and I went first, is the end of turn after I've finished my turn or after my opponent has ended their turn?

Also, for bursts in basic action cards how do we play them? Do I do the normal action + the burst? Maybe it's card dependent like focus beam with the word "instead".

For example "take cover" - "your charactesr get +2D */** one character gets an extra +3D." If I rolled * then all my characters +2D except one of my choosing gets a total of +5D?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On your turn, if you put a die into the attack zone, you are attacking.

On your opponent's turn, if you place a die in front of an attacker, you are blocking.

"end of turn" means at the end of every turn.

This is the last phase of each turn:
CleanUp
Move unblocked attackers to the Used Pile. End all effects [this is the "end of turn" part] and clear all damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamzbe wrote:
Also, for bursts in basic action cards how do we play them? Do I do the normal action + the burst? Maybe it's card dependent like focus beam with the word "instead".

For example "take cover" - "your charactesr get +2D */** one character gets an extra +3D." If I rolled * then all my characters +2D except one of my choosing gets a total of +5D?

This is correct. Regular text + burst, unless it says "Instead".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"When Blocking" abilities work when that specific die blocks something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jam Zhou
Canada
flag msg tools
TheWaspinator wrote:

You are a superset of crambaza? So with your interpretation even the active player's dice will trigger "when blocking" abilities even though the active player is the attacker and the other player is the one assigning blockers? Have you done this in tournament play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamzbe wrote:
TheWaspinator wrote:

You are a superset of crambaza? So with your interpretation even the active player's dice will trigger "when blocking" abilities even though the active player is the attacker and the other player is the one assigning blockers? Have you done this in tournament play?

No.

The active player's dice that are engaged in combat are never blocking, only attacking.

And the inactive players dice that are engaged in combat are never attacking, only blocking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamzbe wrote:
TheWaspinator wrote:

You can't block when you are the active player.

When I attack with a die, and you block with a die, my die is attacking, your die is blocking.

They are NOT both attacking and blocking. They ARE both engaged, but one is the attacker (mine) and the other is the blocker (yours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if we're hitting a language barrier here on the difference between "attacking" and "blocking".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.