GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,657 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Korneel Troch
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really care about the artwork I think they are both great ! But I just want to know if all the components from the second edition are in the first one.

For example: The fifth disease, the bioterrorist, fifth player card, new events, new general roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure the only difference between 1st ed OTB and the 2nd ed OTB is the art. All the challenges and goodies are still in there, just new art and component material (plastic now).

*edit* clarified no longer has wooden bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cant
United Kingdom
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The major difference is the card backs are proportedly different so you Cant mix editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may or may not be a concern but the 2nd edition initially featured wooden components for the cures, pawns etc with plastic disease cubes [a good mix imho] then the later prints of 2nd ed switched to all plastic.

Sadly the plastic pawns are rather sub-par as compared to the previous wood versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
korneeltroch wrote:
But I just want to know if all the components from the second edition are in the first one.

From a play point of view, the only difference between 1st Ed. and 2nd Ed. is the revised Epidemiologist.

From a presentation PoV, you have new art, the shift to plastic pieces (in the latest print run), smaller sized petri dishes (to go with the smaller cubes), a rules rewrite, a revised BT pad without the erroneous extra connection, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.