Subject: Point of aim rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Crispin
United States
Bee Cave
Texas
flag msg tools
The in-command rules for both versions with respect to formation movement and volley file are generally excellent but I propose a refinement, which I illustrate with this example using CWASL. The applicability to CWATS will be obvious.

Suppose that 9FP are to be distributed across 5 target hexes. As written, the rules will allocate 5 to the POA hex and 1 each to the other four because the division didn't come out equal. With one more FP each target hex would have been attacked with 2 FP

I propose using percentile dice. Divide the FP equally per target hex rounding to the nearest tenth. (I would round up but others could differ) Each hex in this example is attacked by 1.8 FP

As part of the attack, a percentile dice (PD) is rolled and if the PD is less than or equal to the fractional part of the FP the attack is resolved on the higher of the two IIFT columns. (zero is "ten" for PD purposes). Thus in this example PD rolls of 1 to 8 result in an attack on the 2FP column, while PD of 9 and 0 are resolved on the 1FP column

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.