GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,810 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Stockpile» Forums » General

Subject: 2 Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the poll it doesn't look like this is a good 2 player game. I see in the variants section a 2 player variant was talked about being released. Does anyone have any comments on how the game plays with 2 or does anyone know if the variant has been officially released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Viox
United States
Gretna
NE
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife and I played the Pnp with two players and we both really enjoyed it. I'm sure the game is different with more players, but it was still a good game. I liked it so much that I preorder it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
From the poll it doesn't look like this is a good 2 player game. I see in the variants section a 2 player variant was talked about being released. Does anyone have any comments on how the game plays with 2 or does anyone know if the variant has been officially released?

The two player variant was late in the game because we new it had to be different, but we still wanted it to feel true to the spirit of the game. We would not have released if we felt it was just tacked on. I'm of course biased. In my personally like it better than playing just 3 player. I was doubtful we were going to make it work, since it's not easy making a 2-player game, but it works really well.

Rahdo has a copy, and has played it. He almost always just plays the game two player, so you could wait to hear his thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. Are the rules for the 2 player game available anywhere? I certainly will watch the Rhado video, good to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Are the rules for the 2 player game available anywhere? I certainly will watch the Rhado video, good to know!

Yeah they are included in the rule book, which you can find is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erv Walter
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
ervwalter is my new bgg account
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played the two player variant last night and it was fun. There were no bidding wars (I don't think anyone ever paid more than 3 for a pile), but that might be because she isn't particularly confrontational and also was playing her first game and so didn't fully appreciate the value of some piles.

In short, I think 2 player is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 2p twice so far and loved it both times. I think it's all the hidden information that makes it work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Dickson
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had the opportunity to playtest it both as a 2 player game and as a 5 player game. It's a very good game at both player counts. The feel is different as a 2 player game but still was very enjoyable and recommended. Anyone who says that there are no bidding wars in a 2 player game of this clearly needs to play against my wife (as Seth will tesify) ;-) . Our KS copy just arrived in the mail today and we are anxious to get it to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
It's fine as a 2P game. It's just going to be at its best as a 4-5P game. I actually don't feel like the game loses anything in 2P, per se. It's just that each phase is a bit heightened with more players. The sadness or happiness, second-guessing, and other interactive elements are compounded with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Sobol
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:

FYI Rahdo's video is up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-oX_UPHWQM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.