GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,067 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

XenoShyft: Onslaught» Forums » Rules

Subject: MKII "Spark Jumper" Rifle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Aylward
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This gun allows a troop to hose down an entire lane of enemies, or just one enemy in the lane?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's discarded after 1 combat, so just one enemy in most cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
I agree, just one enemy.

But can it be used more than once against the one enemy?

It depends what the word "combat" means in this game.

The card says it is discarded only at the end of this combat. Seems to me like I could theoretically use this card/power more than once against the same enemy.

Yes or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MKII "Spark Jumper" Rifle {3}: Equipment. +1 Power. You may have the equipped troop deal its damage before enemies attack this combat. If this is done, discard this card at the end of the combat.

A combat is one instance of a troop and an enemy hitting each other. This can be inferred from a question/answer in the General section of the official FAQ about troops and enemies surviving combat ( http://cmon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/XS_FAQ_2015-V2.pd...). That answer also makes clear that you can use abilities after a combat where both the troop and enemy survived.

If the troop and enemy are both going to survive the first combat, then gaining "attacks first" for that combat didn't actually accomplish anything, so you should wait until the second combat to use the Spark Jumper ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.