Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night was a light evening in the sense of number of people present (~12). The only brainburner game that came out was Amun Re, but there was still some thought required for most of the rest of the things played over the course of the evening.

For me, the first game was a 5-player game of Carcassonne, using the tiles from the two expansions, but not the builders, pigs, or trade goods. This was my second time playing the game, and while I'd managed to score fairly well in my first one, I got caught in a number of incomplete objects at the end, which hurt my overall score. I also got somewhat caught by a difference in the way the two groups scored farmers - one did it by city, the other by farm.

It was also the first night I was (mostly) able to track particular scores, and not just keep track of how I placed. For this game, final scores were Earl 84, Michelle 67, Jim 61, Greg 60, Jeff (Me) 54.

I'm not quite sure what I managed to learn from this particular playing of the game, other than that I need to check on how groups score farmers - it makes a real difference in planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.