GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, tonight I will play scenario 3 for the first time and would love some help

1 - When rolling the red die at the later weather phases of the scenario, only the "lose 1 palisade = -1 food/rope" effect is considered? Not even the "lose 1 food"?

2- Since scenario 1 we are playing with the dog, the surgeon and the lookout helper cards. However, since scenario 2 the lookout is of no use. I already read the scenario 3 is one of the toughest of the expansion, so do you think I should substitute that helper to another one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Quinton
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I believe your read is correct: a 2/6 chance for -palisade results in loss of 1 wood or rope, a 4/6 chance for no effect from the red die.

2) At the bottom of page 5 of the Z-man rule book that I have it says "At the beginning of each scenario, draw 2/1/0 random Crewman cards for an easy, standard or hard game. At the end of the scenario, return the Crewman card(s) to the supply, so there will always be 5 cards to draw from at the beginning of each scenario"

During our plays, we've always exchanged the crewman for different, unused ones as we transition between each of the scenarios. So according to your example, if we used the surgeon and lookout in scenario 1 we would replace them with 2 different ones at the start of scenario 2, and again for scenario 3, etc.

Also on page 22 and 23 when giving a further explanation of Crewman cards in the universal components description, it states the Lookout shouldn't be used in scenarios 2 and 3, and the horse shouldn't be used in scenario 3.

We don't feel it makes thematic sense to use the Surgeon in scenario 3 either (unless maybe he swims out and gathers some medicinal kelp or something?), so we elect to use the Parrot and Boy for scenario 3, for example. The horse is particularly nice for scenario 2 when you've got the island already (mostly) established.

As for the dog, that seems to be a typical addition for 3 player games, but can be used at your discretion anytime really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aigimig
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quetzal513 wrote:
1) I believe your read is correct: a 2/6 chance for -palisade results in loss of 1 wood or rope, a 4/6 chance for no effect from the red die.
are you sure? I thought you apply other effects as normal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.