GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Hold the Line» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hit Allocation/Leader Retreat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have read several threads about this and was wondering if there was a final consensus, do hits get split up between two units in the same hex or does only one have to take all the hits?

Furthermore, if all hits must be allocated until no units are left, can an elite unit soak up hits?

Was there ever a final consensus on whether terrain affects a leader's retreat?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
As to your first question, according to the FAQ, hits are allocated one at a time. So you apply the first hit to the highest value unit in the hex. Continue this way until all hits are allocated. If there are 2 equal strength units in the hex, you can decide which one takes the hit.

I think this answers your 2nd question as well. Elite units could soak up hits until their strength fell below another unit in the hex at which point you would have to start allocating hits to that unit.

As for the leader retreat, 8.5.5 states:
If a leader is stacked with a unit that is eliminated either due to fire combat or close combat the leader may retreat up to 3 hexes unless blocked by enemy units or impassible terrain in which case he is eliminated. (emphasis mine)

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.