GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,854 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Assassinorum: Execution Force» Forums » General

Subject: My Rant (and it's not the price) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's up with the odd shaped cards?!? I mean, if they wanted a larger card, why not pick a standard like the Tarrot cards? Does anyone know if there are any sleeves that fit these oversized cards?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Fair complaint. It seems odd that they made very unique shaped cards and provided no real way to protect them.
Also. Kinda hate shuffling the rooms, feels like they'll get worn in after a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
What's up with the odd shaped cards?!? I mean, if they wanted a larger card, why not pick a standard like the Tarrot cards? Does anyone know if there are any sleeves that fit these oversized cards?

-shnar

Check This Sleeve Thread in this Forum.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100% agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone needs to do Artscow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
What I don't understand is why Games Workshop provided plastic assassins when they could have made them in finecast with superior detail and feel.

GW are phasing out finecast and remaking everything that only exists in finecast as plastic. Hence the very existence of these new miniatures. Once they sell the new plastic minis outside of the game the older finecast miniatures will be gone (or shortly thereafter). Already some of the alternate poses of the finecast assassins are gone from the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Wunderlich
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fine"cast was a massive financial failure due to its low quality resin ... nobody in their right mind bought it if it could be avoided and they had massive throw away and returns from it I heard it was like 1:10 ... so 10 casts thrown away, 1 delivered. I also know several independent stores wh did not sell it at all and if only on order...

I do like resin as a material but the one they used for "fine"cast was just utter shit...

I see the issue with the card sleeves as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sulla 13 wrote:
That explains why the assassins weren't done in finecast (despite being a superior material).

You don't often see finecast called "superior" (except by GW themselves). I will stay out of that debate, but the public opinion of finecast is pretty negative (just google it).

It could also be that because this a boardgame product and less of a hobby product they wanted to reduce the problems that finecast causes (high replacements, easy melting in hot temperatures).

On an unrelated sidenote as you might not be aware of it: It is considered bad form to thumb yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
short legs
msg tools
Sulla 13 wrote:
That explains why the assassins weren't done in finecast (despite being a superior material).

Does this guy ever get sick of trolling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.