Thumb up
1 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Boss fights. Solitaire / cooperative rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sakari Laiho
flag msg tools
I try to play this game as fast setup I can and have some fun. Trying to make bossfights with Lieutenants:

-Make board where you want to fight. I used: 2A+1A+4A outside tiles.
-Randomly choose 3 lieutenants from what you own. Make them appear from easiest to hardest.
-Choose 2 heroes, or more. Use lieutenants stats compared to heroes.
-Put heroes other side of the board and lieutenant other side.
-Use lieutenant cards to take one special happening on every turn.
Example: Verminous cards:
Summon verminous card = forget, but take keyword "summon" randomly take one monstergroup from wich you own to help verminous.
Always watching = nothing happens
In every shadow = Put aside -> when hero searches automatically use
Flee the light = use card on next turn - then discard
Mounts to feed = nothing happens

Use 2d6 to determine where "power" is achieved. Use search token to represent this. When you get on powertoken, roll 1d6:

1 - draw search card
2 - draw weapon
3 - 1d6 health + fullfill your stamina
4 - +1 luck = roll 2 dice when achieving next power token
5 - summon monster(s), even heroes summon monsters for their side!
6 - level up

Common lieutenant reaction:
-Lieutenant tries to attack heroes every time, if he can. But when he is near powertoken and could use another action -> moves and takes powertoken.
-Tries to block path of the heroes not to get to powertoken. -> also his minions if has.

- every time hero hurts lieutenant -> hero gets 1 point of 6
- every time hero kills minion -> hero gets 1 point of 6
- when hero has 6 points = level up = same as hero gets 1xp in normal game
- boss level ups: if you played with 2 heroes -> use 3 heroes stats. When used 4 heroes -> get lieutenant II act card.

powertoken comes always on farthest boardside where heroes and lieutenant are not standing. If all are spread roll 1d6 to determine where token appears. (3 boards = 1-2: left one 3-4: center board 5-6: right one.

When playing this I success you use your imagination and just have fun. Try to kill 3 lieutenant bosses and you're done.

I mainly started doing this because I have all material and was worried to not to use lieutenants so much. Now I can get used to them and know them better.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.