GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Maximum Allowed Dice in a combat roll? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Campbell
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New to Earth Reborn. Played the first two tutorial scenarios.

I can't find any clause in the rule book on maximum dice, but am confused that the game comes with only 6 dice when someone like Jack Saw can Strike Hard with +3 dice ( total of 7 ) using the order token that has a 4 knife on it. It either means:

1. Six dice were included as an intentional limit and I missed the rule
2. You have to mentally note the role and then re-roll 1 or more dice to continue tallying the roll.

I've been playing with option 2 in the rare moments it happens. I suppose this is similar to the fact that I'm assuming a close-combat attacker and defender "simultaneously roll", in which case there is also not enough dice. Or am I suppose to apply damage to the defender ( possibly flip the card ) and then roll his defense dice? Perhaps I'm playing that wrong.

Pre-thanks to the veterans,

Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat rolls are simultaneous. There are only six dice, but no limit. So, you just need to remember and roll any additional dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Campbell
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Combat rolls are simultaneous. There are only six dice, but no limit. So, you just need to remember and roll any additional dice.

Thanks for the confirmation that I've been playing correctly. It's a bit fiddly, amongst other things. To bad there aren't extra dice packs for sale.

Thanks again,

Russ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.