Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Where do you find the time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is just a rambling of my jelousy of all of those who get to play games on a daily/weekly basis. And a bit of an update to anyone who was wondering where I had gone.

I want to play games, a lot of games, but finding the time is a whole other matter, I certainly have enough games to play!

My life in the last year has filled up exponentially and the little free time that was there has disappeared into many other activities, some of them by choice, and some of them not my choice. There is certainly a lot of opportunity for me to play games - every second Tuesday the Kanata Boardgamers meets, I belong to the Ottawa Miniature Wargames club which meets on Sundays and I always have invitations to play games. The only gaming I am getting in these days is playing in my husband's RPG game every second Saturday and I only get to play that because it is at our home.

What am I doing instead? Not watching TV... I work full time at a place where no one is interested in games. We moved in with my parents 5 years ago when my mom had some strokes, so although I do not have children I do cook for and clean up after 4 adults. My sister and her husband moved nearby 2 years ago and I help them out by looking after my 1 1/2 year old niece and doing some cooking for them. My sister is pregnant again and the pregnancy is high risk so I will be helping out there a lot more. None of my family (except my husband) play anything except party games on New Year's so I am eagerly waiting until my niece is old enough so I can introduce her to the joy's of gaming. She is very bright so Candy Land might be possible next year. We as a family spent the last year cleaning out the house from top to bottom, I only have the game area left to go. My mom never did improve to the level we hoped and we have accepted that she will probably stay at the level she is now so we decided to clean out and simplify the house to make it easier for her. The house renovations are almost complete so I made a decision to spend my free time working to lose weight. I am going to the gym 5 days/week and taking boxing lessons on Saturdays. In 9 weeks I have lost 21.5 lbs and I have about 80 to go. Sunday's is church and family dinner for at least 6 and often 10 to 12 so that is pretty much that whole day.

I am still involved in organizing CanGames but I am not doing as much there except organizing the Children's Games. It looks like I will be selling about 1/4 of my game collection at the 2007 convention. I just do not have the space to keep everything and since I am not playing I might as well get some money and pass the games on to people who will play them.

However the good news is that my husband and I have decided to go to GenCon Indy in August - we are saving our pennies and I am going to store up my game excitement and enthusiasm for then! I do hope to meet some of my fellow BGGers there other than the ones I already know here in Ottawa.

Ta Ta for now!
Jennifer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.