Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
After our big Thanksgiving lunch, the family was beginning to settle in to nap on the couches. My wife suggested to me that we should play Apples to Apples instead. I agreed and pulled the game out. We had 8 adults playing, 6 who had played before and my mother-in-law and her husband, who had not played before. It took about 20 seconds to explain the rules and we were off.

Since 8 were playing, the object of the game was to be the first player to receive 4 green cards. Cards are received by matching the "best" answer to
a green card, as determined by the judge. Each player takes a turn of being judge and answers are played anonymously.

The game was close, and at one point every player had exactly 2 cards. Then our friend Aaron got back to back matches for the win.

The game lasted about 25 minutes and everyone had fun. My brother-in-law commented that he and his wife usually play the game with a bunch of teenagers and that the most unusual answer is almost always chosen.

My mother-in-law enjoyed the game so much that she asked us to bring it to our Christmas dinner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a family that likes to play games, so my mom emailed me Thanksgiving morning early with a "hey bring some games, but nothing hard, only fun easy group things". So I brought Apples to Apples and it worked really well.

I think I'll have to take it to Christmas too, like you. Although I asked for Thurn & Taxis and Wits & Wagers, figure Wits & Wagers might get played by most of this crowd if I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.