GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Millenium Blades Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Blades [+] Millennium [+] [View All]
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just like a solar eclipse, I know I shouldn't look at this but I can't help it..

A non-CCG about CCGs, Millennium Blades from L99 Games.

The single order is prohibitively expensive (USD$93), but three copies gets it down to USD$71 with postage. Additional copies (up to max 6) for $55 + $5 postage, which chips away at price per copy slightly.

There's also a reward level with the unlocked expansion which adds an extra tonne of cards but ups the price to $106 per copy inc postage based on 3 copies.

Anyway, I need this like a(nother) hole in the head, but if anyone is interested let me know before 18 May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ps. If you're unsure if you need a hole in the head, watch Rahdo come close to imploding in his playthrough just released today. I needed a Bonox and a nice lie down after watching this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What an interesting game. Shame it's prohibitavely expensive and (to my eyes) looks like frequent plays would be required to really get the benefit from it.

I would happily play someone else's copy, but I don't need to own.

Game looks great, but not for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 3 days to go on this KS, I'm calling on any fence-sitters to step forward and be counted!

If I have to pony up for a single copy, it's your fault if I have to go without food for a week to compensate - do you want that on your conscience, DO YOU!

Go on, don't make me approach the Sydney-siders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am tempted as well but live in Adelaide so no help to you.

I have done some sums though. If I go it alone it will cost me about $115 AUD for the base game (with promos).

Milsims will probably sell it for $90 (based on their price for Devastation of Indines, which would have also cost $50 USD for the base game on kickstarter at the time) so that's $97.50 including shipping cost. But if I want the promos and pledge $5 ($25 AUD to cover shipping) I will end up paying over $120 AUD to get the same thing as if I pledge $50 USD for the base game.

So $115 for the base game + promos or wait until it comes out and pay $98 AUD but no promos ....

Tough call, and I do like to eat so prefer not to miss out on food for a week ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.