GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,706 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Wiz-War (eighth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie breaker for second place. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb

I have this little problem and I'd like your advice.

The winner of the game is OK, but, for some reason, I need to tell who is second.

A player scored 1 point but before the game was over he got eliminated, and the other two players had 0 points.

In your opinion who gets to be second? The eliminated player with 1 point or the surviving players with 0 points?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:

I have this little problem and I'd like your advice.

The winner of the game is OK, but, for some reason, I need to tell who is second.

A player scored 1 point but before the game was over he got eliminated, and the other two players had 0 points.

In your opinion who gets to be second? The eliminated player with 1 point or the surviving players with 0 points?

Thank you

Honestly, this is an example of why 2nd place doesn't really work in Wiz-War.

In my opinion, if you are eliminated then you have 0 points, because you're out of the game now. You lost by virtue of being eliminated.

So if I had to award second place I would give it a joint second to the other 2 surviving players, purely because they didn't get eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd place is the 1st loser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Yeah, but we have a championship with many different games and each game played awards points for first, second, third and even 4th place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
quozl wrote:

Yeah, but we have a championship with many different games and each game played awards points for first, second, third and even 4th place.

Gotcha. In this case, I would put any player who was eliminated after any player who was not eliminated, even if that player had more points before it happened.

After that, I would break ties in Wiz-War using the following sequence: 1) # of points, 2) # of remaining life points, 3) # of treasures still in home sector, 4) # of Magic cards in-hand.

So, if Player A won, Player B was eliminated, Players C and D were tied for "0" points and Player C had 12 life points and Player D had 10, ranking goes like this:

1st Place - Player A
2nd Place - Player C
3rd Place - Player D
4th Place - Player B

Just my suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can really ruin games for me if someone start playing for 2nd place especially in a game like Wiz-War, so I would take it out of the turnament, or only sword points to the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.