Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
April Weimer
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I especially enjoyed the "hide" function of game set-up. Each player has an information card that they can use to hide their tokens from the other player so they can organize how they want to set up their characters and items. This two-player dungeon game starts with each player choosing four characters to place on their starting line. Next the players begin placing the remaining tokens on the hidden areas of the dungeon. Placement of these tokens is key, as it will help aide in your quest through the dungeon.

As a first time player I had given a lot of thought to the placement of my tokens, but as game play commenced (and my decisions played out) the placement seemed ill advised. The dungeon cards were turned over and my opponent kept benefiting from my placement. My opponent kept getting Victory Point after Victory Point and I couldn't seem to make a productive move. My Wall-walker, holding my treasure, was three steps from freedom when I was blasted with my opponents Wizard's fire-ball wand. My character was obliterated and my treasure dropped. My opponents Wizard was quick to sweep in a grab my dropped treasure. As game play came to an end my opponent's Wizard ran right past me, out of the labyrinth, with my treasure. Basically my opponent tromped me. Admittedly I was a little aggravated at first. I will definitely play the game again. I love the fact that every game is guaranteed to be different both with token (item and character) placement and with the shape and nature of the dungeon itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.