David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bunch of questions. Thank you!!

Can a character or monster end its movement on a chest and not open it?
Can a character move over a gold pile and not take it?

Can a monster end its movement on a gold pile or chest?

If a character is hit by Curse of the Monkey gods, do the players still get their treasure?

Please confirm that aim can be used with a melee weapon a guard can be used with a range or magic weapon (I have a player disputing this).

Lucky Skill:
If a character has a weapon
1 surge = + 1 damage
2 surge = + 1 Range
If the player rolled 3 surges, would he receive +3 damage and + 3 range?
With this skill, what if the weapon does not list range or damage bonus with surges?

Items:
Flute of Repose (gold treasure)
Do you need line of sight to stun? Ruble blocks? Figures Block?

Word of Vaal Weapon Rune (gold treasure)
Do you need line of sight? Ruble blocks? Figures Block?

Quest 3:
Do the Naga’s in the last room not get the armor bonus that the previous Naga’s received?

Can the Master Naga in the end room be affected by Stun or other special effects when its special armor is active?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
United States
San Ramon
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
dturnerfish wrote:

Can a character or monster end its movement on a chest and not open it?
Can a character move over a gold pile and not take it?

Opening a chest or picking something up is an action that is performed. It's not automatic. So, yes. Page 16.

Quote:

The only space a monster cannot end its movement on is a glyph. Movement for heroes and monsters is identical, with some exceptions not related to this question. So, yes. Pages 5 and 9.

Quote:
If a character is hit by Curse of the Monkey gods, do the players still get their treasure?

The rules don't specify, so you decide. I would say no, as it devalues the card. But I usually play OL, so I'm biased.

Quote:
Please confirm that aim can be used with a melee weapon a guard can be used with a range or magic weapon (I have a player disputing this).

The type of attack is irrelevant. Aim allows you one reroll. I guess I can see the thought behind this objection, since you wouldn't normally use the word "aim" when making a melee attack, and there's a picture of a guy with a bow, but that's all window dressing. The rules are what matter.

I don't even know why anyone would object to the guard order with non-melee units. They see something, they take a shot at it. Again, the rules make no mention of specific attack types being eligible.
So, yes to both. Pages 14 and 15.

Quote:
Lucky Skill:
1 surge = + 1 damage
2 surge = + 1 Range

+3 damage (one surge each) and +1 range (two surges each).

Quote:
With this skill, what if the weapon does not list range or damage bonus with surges?

Then it isn't very helpful for that weapon.

Quote:
Items:

It doesn't say anything about line of sight. It's just six spaces.

Quote:
Word of Vaal Weapon Rune (gold treasure)
Do you need line of sight? Ruble blocks? Figures Block?

Again, line of sight is not mentioned in the card. Enemy figures within three spaces.

Quote:
Do the Naga’s in the last room not get the armor bonus that the previous Naga’s received?

It doesn't say they do, so no, they don't.

Quote:
Can the Master Naga in the end room be affected by Stun or other special effects when its special armor is active?

The naga can't be harmed by normal attacks. This is really poorly worded, as a normal attack is never defined. I would say it is intended to be any melee, ranged or magic attack. If that's the case, your flute would work, but not your rune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mooninite wrote:

Quote:

The only space a monster cannot end its movement on is a glyph. Movement for heroes and monsters is identical, with some exceptions not related to this question. So, yes. Pages 5 and 9.

A monster cannot end it's turn on an activated glyph. Parking on inactive glyphs is fair game.

Quote:

Quote:

The rules don't specify, so you decide. I would say no, as it devalues the card. But I usually play OL, so I'm biased.

The value of the card is getting an easy kill. The heroes still get their treasure. Of course, the monkey can't use it until he's transformed back.

Quote:

Quote:
Items:

It doesn't say anything about line of sight. It's just six spaces.

Arguably you could not use the flute through closed doors, however - an offshoot of the breath-template rule.

Quote:

Quote:

The naga can't be harmed by normal attacks. This is really poorly worded, as a normal attack is never defined. I would say it is intended to be any melee, ranged or magic attack. If that's the case, your flute would work, but not your rune.

Note that named monsters can never be stunned.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Guys!

I think what is tripping me up about character movement is:
Page 9
"Figures may pass through occupied by friendly figures during movement, but they cannot attack while on the same space as another figure and they must end their movement in an empty space."

I was interpreting that to mean a square could contain no tiles. Gold, chests, figures etc. It must only be referring to figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Mooninite wrote:
Quote:

The value of the card is getting an easy kill. The heroes still get their treasure. Of course, the monkey can't use it until he's transformed back.

Also, it's worth noting that the OL doesn't have to use the trap "right away" - the rules specifically say the OL can use any Threat received via curses to pay for a Threat Trap.

The only chest Trap I would say does not cause the chest to be opened is Mimic, and that's because of the specific rules regarding that trap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

The only chest Trap I would say does not cause the chest to be opened is Mimic, and that's because of the specific rules regarding that trap.

Agreed. Mimic is a great card.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

Agreed. Mimic is a great card.

-MMM

In a game last night I had a player that ran into the Boss room past the monsters (knowing it was a suicide trip) grabing a gold chest. Wish I had the mimic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Lahtinen
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
Quote:
Lucky Skill:
1 surge = + 1 damage
2 surge = + 1 Range

As far as I can remember right now the lucky skill talks about the power die with a heart/1. With this die you normally have to choose either 1 extra range or 1 extra damage. But with the lucky die you get both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question on the Mimic. I'm assuming the answer to my question is yes, but... If I spring a Mimic card on the player who opened a chest, can I play a Rage or Charge card at that time as well? The Mimic card says that the chest moves one space away and then is activated. I'm assuming that since it mentions "activate", it is a valid trigger for these two event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
madhatter wrote:
Follow up question on the Mimic. I'm assuming the answer to my question is yes, but... If I spring a Mimic card on the player who opened a chest, can I play a Rage or Charge card at that time as well? The Mimic card says that the chest moves one space away and then is activated. I'm assuming that since it mentions "activate", it is a valid trigger for these two event cards.

Sounds correct to me.

You can't play both cards, since you're limited to one card per triggering condition, but playing either looks perfectly legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

If the opportunity arises, I'm going to have fun seeing their much needed silver chest grow legs, throw a punch at the hero who opened it, charge out of the room, then down the hallway, and seeing the heroes chase after it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.