Marvel Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: When rolling dice and discarding story cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vreston Pieston
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
When rolling dice who goes first?The attacker?The defender?The player with the initiative?Someone else(This could go on and on)?
When discarding story cards e.g. via the Hulk's Rampage ability what happens to the empty slots in the story row?They remain empty?They are refilled?If they are refilled what happens when using Cerebro(Jean's ability)?
PLEASE FFG give us a faq!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacker rolls first and totally does any re-rolls, etc. before the defender rolls.

I can see it going either way as far as refilling the story cards after the Hulk's rampage, so I'll wait to hear about that one. I'm inclined to think that you re-fill though since to do otherwise would make at least the next two story actions into non-scoring actions.

I can't read Jean's Cerebro ability in the pictures so if you'd like to quote the text for us...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oogi wrote:
When discarding story cards e.g. via the Hulk's Rampage ability what happens to the empty slots in the story row?They remain empty?They are refilled?

This is unclear. The text should have been similar to that of Jean Grey:

'Move the Hulk to Recovery to draw two Resource Cards and take two consecutive Story Actions. The two cards that would come into play as a consequence of these actions are instead discarded.'

Since the ability instructs to 'take two Story actions' then the track is advanced normally.

Oogi wrote:
If they are refilled what happens when using Cerebro(Jean's ability)?

As above, but this is clear from the text, since it instructs to 'take two Story action'. When you take a Story action, you then advance the Story track ('sliding' the remaining cards, and drawing new ones).

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Er... does that mean that after Jean action, the cards that come into play and are shuffled back in the deck if not X-Men are the ones that go out of the story line, not the ones drawn to go into it ?

And does that mean that Hulk can use his support ability to move ahead cards instead of discarding them ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris wrote:
And does that mean that Hulk can use his support ability to move ahead cards instead of discarding them ?

Yeah, it sounds like they tried to reword the hulk's power to make it simple to understand and then didn't realize they had created a new problem. I would think you can't use the re-arrangement function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yeah, it sounds like they tried to reword the hulk's power to make it simple to understand and then didn't realize they had created a new problem. I would think you can't use the re-arrangement function.

yuk
Ok, next time I will double check what I'm trying to say...

The sense is the following. Later I'll try to reword it in an 'official' way.

'Move the Hulk to Recovery to draw two Resource Cards and discard the first two cards on the Story Track. Then, advance the two remaining Story cards twice and draw two new cards to fill the empty slots.'

Francesco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Francesco.
What about Jean, do you confirm that the cards that can be shuffled back in the deck are the ones that go out of the story line, so only the X-Men player can get cards and score points with this power ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris wrote:
Thank you Francesco.
What about Jean, do you confirm that the cards that can be shuffled back in the deck are the ones that go out of the story line, so only the X-Men player can get cards and score points with this power ?

Yes.

Francesco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Jota
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I dont remember, but there was a supporting marve knights who said something about taking any marvel knights card on story track and refil... Do you move the cards before refilling or you refill on the same space the card was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember well, you just put a new card in the empty slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.