GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,016 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dan Hogan's Customs: Ghost (Playable Hero) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh boy, here's outside the box for you.

This guy is unlike any other Legendary character. He comes with his own game pieces (Ghost Tokens) and his own key word: Infect.

Infect:

When you recruit this card, note its number (1-14) and take the corresponding token. You are now the "owner" of the card. After recruitment, you may place this card in any player’s discard pile. When another player draws it, the owner of the card can choose whether or not to activate any "Infect" abilities. If a player doesn’t recruit any heroes or fight any enemies during their turn, he or she can place all Infect cards from their hand in their owners' discard piles. Attack and recruit generated during other players’ turns can be spent either before the infected player fights any villains or recruits any allies, or after they have finished. While in another player's hand, the other player cannot use the Infecting card for "reveal" or superpower effects. In Solo play, a player may use Infect effects on him/herself.

So essentially, Infect turns the card into a wound for another person's deck, which you can use to either help them or help yourself. Pretty trippy, eh?

Thoughts?

Here are the ghost tokens. I had to take up two card-sized images. I figure you could print them and then cut them out, or print them out on card stock, etc. Whatever you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jones
msg tools
mb
Re: Dan Hogan's Customs: Ghost (Playable Ally (Hero?)) WIP
How would ghost work for a solo game. And are the actual cards the tokens. And just so I understand the first person to play ghost is the owner or the first person to buy ghost. I truly like ghost and the idea that you went with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mrnmrsjones246 wrote:
How would ghost work for a solo game. And are the actual cards the tokens. And just so I understand the first person to play ghost is the owner or the first person to buy ghost. I truly like ghost and the idea that you went with.

No, the tokens will be separate. In solo play you can infect yourself. And it's whoever recruits him who gets him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jones
msg tools
mb
OK cool I love the idea and can wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
msg tools
mbmbmb
I like this. I am not too familiar with the character But that will not stop me playing this. I guess I can only ask for the remaining cards all 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I added the Ghost tokens. I want to wait a bit to finalize the balance before I make all 14 individual Ghost cards because that'll be pretty annoying to keep going back and changing them all. I especially want to get Okami's advice on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any thoughts on the affiliation? Thunderbolts or Iron Foes or Unaffiliated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jones
msg tools
mb
I know ghost more from the thunderbolts from dark reign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I was first introduced to him through Thunderbolts, I'd really like him to be one. He's an interesting but nasty piece of work.

Definitely out-of-the-box but I like it.

I'm usually hesitant to include radical new mechanics with only one hero sporting them, but the interaction this could provide sounds fun. Plus, it adds another venue for poison-like mind-invading characters, which I imagine would be mostly villains (Viper? Satana? Gorgon?).

Very cool and creative!

I would put a restriction in the rare to prevent ultra deck-thinners to exploit the extra turns ad infinitum, like my Doom's rare. Just in queso, y'know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and if he's Thunderbolts, it's perfectly fine for him to have no Thunderbolts triggers, because he's never playing for the team, only himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Oh, and if he's Thunderbolts, it's perfectly fine for him to have no Thunderbolts triggers, because he's never playing for the team, only himself.

T-Bolts it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Master Marvel Database.

Added him to the Crime Syndicate on the TEAM tab for now...he will end up with t-bolts later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I updated the first post with all fourteen Ghost cards, T-Bolts affiliated, with a clarification that the Rare can't be used to take a third turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.