Subject: NEW German Panther Tank in Battle of the Bulge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson Halim
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
hey guys,
just wondering if anyone can tell me whether there is any difference, in terms of aesthetics, of the German Panther Tank piece in this new game from the original panther in AA:world? I'd read from Larry's article that they had retool the German tank piece, so I am curios how different it looks now. Can anyone post a close up comparing the new panther to its original A&A world counterpart? I'd always found the grey A&A:world Panther to be too elongated..almost deformed..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
The new ones are more square-shaped than rectangular and look much better than the old ones in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blair
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't notice the difference, until I got out my old set (the revised version), and the Panthers in that seemed rather crappy in Comparison.

So, the Bulge Panthers are MUCH better - complete with the side skirts.

But you really need to look at the old ones after you see the new ones to see the difference.

Now, we just need to wait for Revised Revised Axis and Allies - complete with supply tokens, re-worked tanks (hopefully two types), new ships, Me109's etc etc etc...

The trucks are neat, I like the fact you have to physically drive supply to the front line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.