Subject: Going to Moscow, Russia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Allen Jones
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
I am off to Moscow over Christmas and although I will not get a chance to go gaming with the locals, I wonder if there are any game stores to check out.

I am also wondering if there are any locally designed/produced games that I should add to my collection.

Suggestions welcome (but I am not interested in drinking or shooting games). Oh, and I already have my Alexandra Kosteniuk chess set, so I dont need another shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to Russia last year, and this is what I found out:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/701905#701905

I hope you have a nice trip there. Moscow is fascinating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was last in Russia in 1991.
The boardgame scene was not very good.
I imagine it has changed quite a bit since then.

Please tell us about your experience upon your return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG I just saw Emperor 3!!!!

I *MUST* get a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Joy
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited Russia several times in 2005. Traveling is awesome, allow yourself to wander into a Russian toystore and you'll be dazzled by all of the different neat Russian toys and games. Although I didn't find any with rules in English, one thing you can definitely pick up and play with are Russian card decks. They're pretty much the same as ours (usually with fewer cards though), however the Queens are marked with a D and I think the aces are marked differently as well. If you are into card decks, keep looking and you'll find some really nicely done decks with Russian folk art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.