Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle of Geronium 217 bc. Battle of Nola 216 bc. (second 215,third 214). Battle of Capua 212 bc.(second 211). Battle of Herdonia 212 bc.(second 210). Battle of Numistro 210 bc. battle of Asculum and (second)209 bc. Battle of Grumeutum 207 bc. Battle of Crotona 204 bc. Adding these new battles to the game will make it much more interesting when playing a long campaign style game, and they have to be official to make it much more legitimate so that the other players can easily accept it. So what do you think about these scenarios want them added to your game? OFFICIALLY of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I'm all in favor of more OFFICIAL SCENARIOS. I have C&CA + the 1st Expansion and have pre-ordered the 2nd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we have greeks and persians, I would like a Cunaxa (401 BC) official scenario... Among others, but this one in particular after reading Xenophon's Anabasis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should make city wall hex tiles for the scenarios what deal with sieges(e.g.battle of Nola),and make a special piece of Hannibal like they did for Alexander,because he(Hannibal)was far from being a ordinary general without him there wouldn't have been a Second Punic War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a special rule in the Succesors' scenarios that could be used as an optional rule for scenarios were there is a extraordinary leader: when you loose the leader you discard one of your command cards (you play till the end with one command card less).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JAA1030 wrote:
... they have to be official to make it much more legitimate so that the other players can easily accept it.

Just curious - why does C&C:A seem to suffer from a dearth of player-created scenarios (compared, say, to Memoir'44 - that group of players seems to be very happy with unofficial i.e. fan-created scenarios)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
Just curious - why does C&C:A seem to suffer from a dearth of player-created scenarios ?
I believe that there are much less situations you can depict with C&C:A.
Sources are limited and small scale battles are not clearly reported.
The number of known battles is limited too and, even in their case, there is a lot of guesswork to do about the real place, the number of troops involved, etc.

M44 depicts a war with thousand times more people involved, and massive data sources.
Scenarios depict from skirmishes (Pegasus Bridge) to operational level campaigns (Kursk).
Much more people have some knowledge of WW2 than of Antique history, and the fact that there still are actors of WW2 alive makes a clear difference about the motivation one could have to depict a given battle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
Just curious - why does C&C:A seem to suffer from a dearth of player-created scenarios ?
I believe that there are much less situations you can depict with C&C:A. Sources are limited and small scale battles are not clearly reported.

On the other, ancient wargaming has been around for a very long time. I am still surprised that are not more sources of information that could be used for C&C:A. While there might be more general info available about WW2, it still requires some work to source the specifics for a battle and do the conversion. I had thought that ancient wargamers [er, period that is, not age!] were quite knowledgable and would be better/more adept at doing this. But maybe it is just a case of sheer numbers. Pity, as I think C&C:A is a more interesting game system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
Just curious - why does C&C:A seem to suffer from a dearth of player-created scenarios (compared, say, to Memoir'44 - that group of players seems to be very happy with unofficial i.e. fan-created scenarios)?

I think the simplest answer is that Days of Wonder has done a lot to encourage the amateur designer: Scenario creation software and placing user made scenarios on their website.

I made a template for creating C&C Ancient scenario in Corel Draw. I haven't uploaded it due to both I don't know how many people Corel (and I can't convert .pdf and keep it usable.) and I now have to update with new expansion artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I made a template for creating C&C Ancient scenario in Corel Draw.

I use Corel. I'd like to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
gamesbook wrote:

I think the simplest answer is that Days of Wonder has done a lot to encourage the amateur designer: Scenario creation software and placing user made scenarios on their website.

I made a template for creating C&C Ancient scenario in Corel Draw. I haven't uploaded it due to both I don't know how many people Corel (and I can't convert .pdf and keep it usable.) and I now have to update with new expansion artwork.

Richard
I have developed a free, full-blown scenario editor for C&C:A - its hosted on the support site (run by John Foley). It runs under Windows, stores data as XML, and uses a browser-based display. The editor can also be used for Battle Cry scenarios and Memoir'44. All the graphical output is fairly close to the look-and-feel of the official scenarions for these games.

(I guess once I get my copy of BattleLore, I will add support for this game too...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.