Popular Tags: [View All]
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how best to take advantage of the French Resistance. I've played the Mont Mouchet scenario 4 times, (3 times solo, once against my 6 YO daughter), and the French are just getting their butts kicked.

First game I tried playing the French fairly aggressively, moving them forward in forest cover to shoot at German units in the clear. They lost 3-4.

Second game I tried playing them more defensively, keeping them in cover and waiting for the Germans to approach them before they fired. They lost 0-4

Third game I went back to the more aggressive play, but focused on trying to defeat the two tanks on my left flank, since they are worth two VPs each and taking out both of them would win the game. Unfortunately, they took me out first. French lost 3-4.

Game with my daughter I stuck with more aggressive play, thinking SURELY I can beat a 6 YO....wrong!! French lost 2-4.

Any suggestions for how to best utilize the French Resistance? I'm tempted to go ahead to the other French Resistance scenario and see if I can do better, but I hate to move on to the next scenario until I've figured out how to win on both sides. Should I just shrug my shoulders and say 'Eh, everyone gets bad dice rolls sometimes' or keep trying with the more aggressive, get the tanks approach, or what? Thanks in advance for suggestions!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the 320 battle reports listed on the official website the French has won 51%
- so you must be doing something wrong.

The key objective for the French should be to knock out the two Panzer Special Forces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
In response to your subject line? Kick some serious Axis arse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this scenario once and won 4-2 by taking out the tanks. Actually I was up 3-2 and took out the second tank for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
In response to your subject line? Kick some serious Axis arse!

LOL!!! I'm TRYING!!!
OK, sounds like I need to keep trying and focusing on the tanks like I did the last two times. Probably just had some less than stellar dice rolls. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As my friends are wont to remind me: "You'd be a better general if you just rolled better dice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a song

"What do you do with the French Resistance?"
"What do you do with the French Resistance?"
"Early in the morning!"

etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Siebel
Germany
Schwalbach
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reading your post, I feel tempted to quote Winston Churchill with his wirds on Charles de Gaulle...
Quote:
The greatest cross I have to bear is the cross of Lorraine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.